PC crashes and CPU debug led lighting up

crooz28

I built a PC in February of this year and it has had crashing since about the second week of building it. The screen will turn black and the leds on my peripherals will turn off but the leds inside my PC will stay on and the CPU debug led comes on but doesn't turn off. The computer becomes non responsive and it must be shut down by flicking the power supply switch as the power button on the case doesn't work either. It happens randomly as I have had it happen while my PC is under load and it has also happened while watching YouTube or Netflix. The specs of my system are:
- Ryzen 1600Af
- MSI Gaming X 5600 XT
- MSI B450-A Pro Max
- Adata XPG D60G 2x8GB 3200MHz
- Cooler Master MWE 550 80 plus white
- WD 240GB M.2 SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Any help that could be given at all would be so greatly appreciated.

likely a power supply issue, just had the same thing happen with my masterwatt mwe 650. If you have a spare power supply give it a try. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

@Letgomyleghoe where do you think that I would be able to try a different psu as this is my first pc build and I don't have a spare anywhere.

46 minutes ago, crooz28 said:

@Letgomyleghoe where do you think that I would be able to try a different psu as this is my first pc build and I don't have a spare anywhere.

no where that I know of, I would just honestly try and RMA your psu. If you have friends with power supply you could give them a call and ask too. maybe on a whim call a pc repair/hardware store and see if you can borrow a psu for a certain period of time to see if you're still having issues with a new psu.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

no where that I know of, I would just honestly try and RMA your psu. If you have friends with power supply you could give them a call and ask too. maybe on a whim call a pc repair/hardware store and see if you can borrow a psu for a certain period of time to see if you're still having issues with a new psu.

thanks for all the help you've given me! Will definitely try everything you've told me.