Efi shell?! Really need help!

SuperStroopwafel
Go to solution Solved by bordrx,

you have a clear CMOS button on the back  I/O beneath the PS2 & 2 USB ports

shutdown the computer, unplug the power cord, press the little button for like 10 seconds, plug the computer back in and boot

edit: it's the small black button to the left of the optical out port in this pic

http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/186948/2/msi_z87g45_gaming.jpg

Hey,

So I bought my first ssd, i have a copy of windows 8.1 pro and disconnected my hdd, installed the ssd got reconized, usual stuff. I installed it but it said it needed a restart so it restarted but now I'm booting in Efi shell version 2.31 i cant enter the bios and I dont know what to do! Can someone please help!!!!

Thanks!

move the SSD to a different SATA port on your MB, preferably SATA1 (look in your manual if you don't know which port is SATA1)

If that fails, clear CMOS (again read the manual for instructions) and DONT enable windows 8 features

move the SSD to a different SATA port on your MB, preferably SATA1 (look in your manual if you don't know which port is SATA1)

If that fails, clear CMOS (again read the manual for instructions) and DONT enable windows 8 features

I cant enter my bios!

there's a clear CMOS switch/jumper on all motherboards, that's why I say read the manual

there's a clear CMOS switch/jumper on all motherboards, that's why I say read the manual

okay i found it but i dont know how to 'trigger' it

this would go quicker if you just tell me what motherboard you have ..... I am not psychic

this would go quicker if you just tell me what motherboard you have ..... I am not psychic

msi z87-g45

shutdown the computer, unplug the power cord, press the little button for like 10 seconds, plug the computer back in and boot

edit: it's the small black button to the left of the optical out port in this pic

I HONOR YOU WITH MY LIFE YOU LEGEND!