Make Windows Laptop Using Old Android Tablet

Ste1e

Hello!

I had this idea for a while, but I was never able to do it.

The Idea is to make an Windows XP on my old acer tablet.

It would mean a lot if someone helps because I dont have 100$ to buy used Laptop.

Ste1e

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Windows XP runs on x86, while your tablet most likely uses ARM. Hence you can't do this without an emulator. Then the performance will be very very bad.

What tablet model is it? 

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

As said, WinXP does not support the platform. Also, drivers are big thing. WinXP does not support touch controls, this would need to be done with custom driver. And pretty much all drivers would need to be custom since XP was not around when tablets or even smart phones became a thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

And pretty much all drivers would need to be custom since XP was not around when tablets or even smart phones became a thing.

That's not entirely accurate. There were actually plenty of devices in the businesses space that were touch. Windows xp however was never optimized for touch, so like my dell tablet emulates the cursor and mouse click for example to utilize touch. They were just mostly targeted for specific applications.

With that said, Windows XP is unlikely to run a modern tablet that was never designed for it. Chances are that your tablet uses arm and a a form of uefi or chainloading both of which are unsupported by XP. Drivers would also be pretty much non-existent. Even with a more modern OS like Windows 10, you would be lucky to get it installed and bootable on a tablet designed to only run Android.

15 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

That's not entirely accurate. There were actually plenty of devices in the businesses space that were touch. Windows xp however was never optimized for touch, so like my dell tablet emulates the cursor and mouse click for example to utilize touch. They were just mostly targeted for specific applications.

With that said, Windows XP is unlikely to run a modern tablet that was never designed for it. Chances are that your tablet uses arm and a a form of uefi or chainloading both of which are unsupported by XP. Drivers would also be pretty much non-existent. Even with a more modern OS like Windows 10, you would be lucky to get it installed and bootable on a tablet designed to only run Android.

IIRC those devices used resistive screens. Idk how that effects things on driver side of things, if any. I do remember operating Panasonic Toughbook which had resistive screen and dragging cursor around. Still, drivers would still need to be custom, as they probably were for those devices using any touch screen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What's your need for Windows XP?

If you have an existing computer with Windows 10, you may be able to MUCH MORE EASILY run a Windows XP virtual machine. This might cover your needs.