Upgrading issues

I want to upgrade my GPU but I don't know if a can and I'm also wondering if my current CPU is messing up my GPU performance

What else could I upgrade? and any recommendations?
Specs
AMD FX 8320
Nvida GeForce GT 1030 OC GDDR5 2GB

PSU EV3A 500Watt 80+ Gold

Thanks for your attention!

12 minutes ago, xXDuckzXx said:

I want to upgrade my GPU but I don't know if a can and I'm also wondering if my current CPU is messing up my GPU performance

Specs
AMD FX 8320

You are definitely graphics card bottlenecked. However, it would not necessarily be a bad idea to upgrade a cpu which is close to being 10 years old.

15 minutes ago, xXDuckzXx said:

Specs
AMD FX 8320

id recomend upgrading, cpu and gpu, then only worthy performance the fx series has is the 9590, but even that could get blown away from a 1st-2nd gen i7.

4 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

Don't buy a 9590

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't buy a 9590

yea i forgot to mention they are about price of a 4770k and run at 5ghz, and at most have 4 literal cores

Welcome to the forums!!!

I definitely agree with others on upgrading your CPU/motherboard/RAM, also might be worthwhile to buy a new PSU if its been with the rest of this build for this long already. 

Do you have a budget in mind so we can help out more and also what you are aiming for (1080 high refresh rate, 1440 etc.)???

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

I definitely agree with others on upgrading your CPU/motherboard/RAM, also might be worthwhile to buy a new PSU if its been with the rest of this build for this long already. 

Do you have a budget in mind so we can help out more and also what you are aiming for (1080 high refresh rate, 1440 etc.)???

The PSU is new so is the GPU and the CPU was refurbished I fixed up my brothers old gaming pc I should of been more specific for what I was looking for I also replaced the fans I'm trying to see what i can upgrade with the limitations of my motherboard which i don't know much about since we cant find the box but i think its a Gigabyte motherboard idk I have 8gb of DDR3 ram and there are 4 Ram slots and its 1 stick I'm planning on buying 2 4gb sticks is there any CPUs I can upgrade to since that seems to be my top priority?

budget wise just a few hundred bucks I'm not looking for anything to crazy yet i just want to play games like apex and games around that graphics quality

good to know my GPU was being bottle necked I thought it wasn't doing as good as it should of been

thanks for the help btw being young and super into computers is difficult.

2 minutes ago, xXDuckzXx said:

The PSU is new so is the GPU and the CPU was refurbished I fixed up my brothers old gaming pc I should of been more specific for what I was looking for I also replaced the fans I'm trying to see what i can upgrade with the limitations of my motherboard which i don't know much about since we cant find the box but i think its a Gigabyte motherboard idk I have 8gb of DDR3 ram and there are 4 Ram slots and its 1 stick I'm planning on buying 2 4gb sticks is there any CPUs I can upgrade to since that seems to be my top priority?

budget wise just a few hundred bucks I'm not looking for anything to crazy yet i just want to play games like apex and games around that graphics quality

good to know my GPU was being bottle necked I thought it wasn't doing as good as it should of been

Ok, at least the PSU is new and good (hopefully, providing the make/model or checking the PSU Tier List can determine that). Usually you can find the model of the motherboard around the PCIe slot area, where your graphics card would go or other expansion cards. Upgrading this system is not really worthwhile (specifically talking about the platform on FX processors) and looking into a used Ryzen 3600 and a B450 motherboard with a kit of DDR4-3200 16GB would be great and I would advise against it. 

If you would like to learn more about building computers or how they work, the Techquickie channel (also from LTT) is a great place to start and was one of my first YT channels I learned from before building my first PC. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

24 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

4 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Ok, at least the PSU is new and good (hopefully, providing the make/model or checking the PSU Tier List can determine that). Usually you can find the model of the motherboard around the PCIe slot area, where your graphics card would go or other expansion cards. Upgrading this system is not really worthwhile (specifically talking about the platform on FX processors) and looking into a used Ryzen 3600 and a B450 motherboard with a kit of DDR4-3200 16GB would be great and I would advise against it. 

If you would like to learn more about building computers or how they work, the Techquickie channel (also from LTT) is a great place to start and was one of my first YT channels I learned from before building my first PC. 

Thanks for all the help! actually my first build was a AMD Ryzen 3 2200 with the GPU i have rn on a B450 motherboard with 8 gb of DDR4 but the motherboard was defective and i couldn't get anymore money so im using those left over parts and a old case to make a incognito gaming pc Awesome good to know i already had the right thing goin
also i love the fast reply time and thanks for helping me out have a great day or night! Cya around