WiFi connection drops every 5-30 minutes

I have a very strange problem with my network connection. If I am idle, or using the internet sparingly then my network card would disconnect from my router every few minutes.

When I manually disconnect and reconnect from the network manager it gets back on the network.

This does not happen every day but when it starts it doesn't stop and a restart is not helping either so it is quite nerve wrecking.

I have tried reinstalling the network card driver, but the issue stays. Wired connection works perfectly but is not convenient so using it is not a solution.

I checked battery saving (however its a desktop) and idle power modes and none of them provided fixed the problem.

The router cannot be the problem since only this device encounters this problem on the network.

My machine is a prebuilt ASUS ROG G20 with its default wifi card: Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

Can you recommend any solution, or monitoring software where I could find some useful logs about the disconnections?

you could try connecting with an ethernet cable instead, and turn off the wifi, see if you'll still have the problem

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

Is there any kind of log on the AP regarding wireless client connections/disconnections?

Have you tried using different authentication settings (e.g. WPA2-only instead of WPA/WPA2)?

1 hour ago, sabel8 said:

Can you recommend any solution, or monitoring software where I could find some useful logs about the disconnections?

1. What is the make/model of your wireless router or gateway?
  2. Do you have any other network hardware between your computer and the ISP connection?
  3. What are the wireless settings at the wireless router?
  4. Uninstall the current Realtek 8821AE WLAN drivers and install the latest version from the Realtek website.
  5. Install and run WiFi Analyzer, then post the channel output from the 'Analyze' page for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

You could be getting interference from other WIFI devices (neighbours router) that is within range. 

Changing the channel your WIFI is using could assist is resolving this but may take a bit of trial and error.