Case Fans Bios Settings - z490P

Galapagos

Hi Guys - I hope this is the correct thread for this.

I have recently been seeing temps in my PC build that I am unhappy with. My GPU sometimes was reaching around 85C whilst playing Warzone especially! 😞 

The build I bought, I have forever been upgrading for various reasons. This will be the last time I buy a pre build that's for sure!

Anyways.. Originally my 'Pure Bass 500 BeQuiet!' case came with one Pure Wings 2 as an exhaust and one as a front fan, after doing research I made the decision to switch over to the 'Noctua NF-P14s Redux 140' as these original case fans was not what I needed and were by far not enough to cool my case down. I now have the Noctua fans installed as two front fans and one exhaust.

After I installed the fans I went into my BIOS settings to find that the fans were running at low settings, I have changed them now to turbo, Do you think this is the correct setting to pick or should I change them to full speed?

Thanks.

PC Specs

Intel i7-10700k 8 Core 3.8Ghz

16 GBDDR4 Corsair RAM

2TB HD

1TB SSD

MSI Gaming Trio X 3070

Intel WIFI

Windows 10

Asus Prime z490P

Noctua NH-D15

Be Quiet! Pure Bass 500 Case

Corsair 650W CV650

3X Noctua NF-P14s Redux 140MM

1X Air Lid Vent

In what way are the front fans placed? Could you take a picture? The case doesn't have amazing (=full mesh front) airflow, and position of the fans does make a difference. More so since the design of PSU cover is lacking a bit.

85C is on the hotter side, but nothing to be worry about overall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/31/2021 at 9:46 PM, LogicalDrm said:

In what way are the front fans placed? Could you take a picture? The case doesn't have amazing (=full mesh front) airflow, and position of the fans does make a difference. More so since the design of PSU cover is lacking a bit.

85C is on the hotter side, but nothing to be worry about overall.

Hi Logical - Sorry for late reply. This is my setup, Please advise if you think I should buy a new case.

The new fans I added I have seen around a 5-8C drop in my GPU temps.

PC 1.jpg

PC 2.jpg

1 minute ago, Galapagos said:

Hi Logical - Sorry for late reply. This is my setup, Please advise if you think I should buy a new case.

The new fans I added I have seen around a 5-8C drop in my GPU temps.

PC 1.jpg

PC 2.jpg

You should move the lower of those front fans so that its top edge is at the level of GPU PCB, or bit lower. Also, if possible, move the HDD cage closer to PSU or remove it completely. Right now the fan has very little room to allow airflow for GPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv