Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strange issue with GPU.

NicolaiA

I recently "Today" began getting these strange issues with my main monitor, "ONLY my main monitor, I can still use the second monitor perfectly, such as being on Youtube and such works perfectly on the second one.

I got those pictures.

By moving windows fast, or such "Watching youtube seemed to be an issue, everytime this occurs I have to reboot my pc completely.

Anybody have an idea what it could be?.

My GPU has no issues whatsoever it works perfectly fine.

Graphics card: XFX R 280X 3GB

Main monitor is connected with HDMI><Both ends.

Second monitor is connected with DVI><Both ends.

post-6912-0-55433200-1395839856_thumb.jp

post-6912-0-10470600-1395839891_thumb.jp

post-6912-0-91498400-1395840035_thumb.jp

post-6912-0-41970000-1395840051_thumb.jp

It looks like a driver issue. Try moving to the latest driver or the last stable release, whichever you are not currently using and see if it fixes the problem,

Also, use Display Driver Uninstaller/Driver Sweeper to uninstall all previous graphics drivers.

I currently use 14.2, I'll try sweeping it and then installing 14.3.

Try switching the cables around (make main monitor secondary and vice versa). If it still occurs on the same monitor it could be a problem with the monitor? If it now happens on the other then it might be the cable.

Did you try resetting the monitor settings to default?

Diamond 5 in League :)

could be the monitor itself.  May have to replace it.  Try it without that monitor.

4+ Years on Steam - Profile Name: Nimbus ~l~ Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ~l~ ASUS Z87 Pro ATX Intel Motherboard ~l~ Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Processor ~l~

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3072MB GDDR5 Video Card ~l~ Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 8GB Memory Modules) ~l~

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ~l~ Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200 RPM Internal Hard Drive ~l~ Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply ~l~ NZXT Crafted Series Phantom 410 Mid Tower ATX - Black

I'll try everything later, thanks for the responses :)

That looks like a driver issue, my 7870's used to do that before the 13.12.  It was interesting because if I unplugged the affected monitor, the next monitor became the primary one and the problem jumped to that instead.  It always followed whichever monitor was set to primary at the time.  Popping the the computer in and out of sleep fixed it.  Has happened between 0 and 1 time since the update (cant remember)

First Build:| Gigabyte 990FXa-UD3 | FX 8120 4.0Ghz | Coolermaster Seidon 240M | Asus Radeon HD 7870 | Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD + WD Green 2TB HDD | Corsair RM750 | 8Gb Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz CL9| Fractal Define R4 White/Windowed |

It's probably drivers related but try unplugging the second monitor and use just the first one. It could be the actual HDMI out on the card, if the main monitor has DVI, try that too.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number