Thermal's of the RTX 3090 FE.

Nexblitzer

Just a question about what thermals of the Founders edition RTX 3090. If I remember rightly they weren't bad at all. And to see if my memory holds true, What are you RTX 3090 FE thermals? and how does the card fair in stock, and (slight) OC conditions

Note: Only interested about FE, pls don't comment if you do not have one/

<70c on my brother's FE. Usually 65-69c. Fans are not even audible at full load from a few feet away.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

2 minutes ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

<70c on my brother's FE. Usually 65-69c. Fans are not even audible at full load from a few feet away.

See that's what I originally thought, I heard some stuff about them being ultra loud, although not particularly hot,

While you are waiting for people to answer here, you can also read/watch reviews, there should be a lot of them for the 3090 FE.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

GPU core temp isn't an issue with these cards.

It's the GDDR6X memory junction temperatures which especially on the FE, get very hot (100c+) and tend to throttle.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

On 3/28/2021 at 1:05 AM, Mister Woof said:

GPU core temp isn't an issue with these cards.

It's the GDDR6X memory junction temperatures which especially on the FE, get very hot (100c+) and tend to throttle.

Yeah but junctions temps are super imperative all things considered. Considering Most silicon has a juntion temp of (90+) I would think if it succeeds that, it's wouldn't be too bad.

16 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

Yeah but junctions temps are super imperative all things considered. Considering Most silicon has a juntion temp of (90+) I would think if it succeeds that, it's wouldn't be too bad.

It has been widely covered that ram temps are pretty darn high. Simply replacing the thermal pads with mods that are online do drop them significantly though. 

4 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

It has been widely covered that ram temps are pretty darn high. Simply replacing the thermal pads with mods that are online do drop them significantly though. 

What pads are people using? Also, I have a well high airflow case,so this may not be a huge issues for me!

53 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

What pads are people using? Also, I have a well high airflow case,so this may not be a huge issues for me!

These seem to be the most recommended for it which I used. I needed 4 but probably can get away with 3.

https://www.amazon.com/nkomax-Thermalright-85x45x1-5mm-Conductive-Temperature/dp/B08CGVZ4YG

• 1 month later...

I was having same problem.  Mining mostly in the 75-82 MH/S mining ETH on HiveOS straight out of the box.  I changed the thermal pads, to the higher end ones per the video, and now I mine at 119-121 depending on the time of day (mine in garage in the desert, lower MHs in summer).  

Hope this helps!  It is a pain.  Takes about 30 minutes.  Less if you are handy.   

41 minutes ago, Sun_Devil said:

I was having same problem.  Mining mostly in the 75-82 MH/S mining ETH on HiveOS straight out of the box.  I changed the thermal pads, to the higher end ones per the video, and now I mine at 119-121 depending on the time of day (mine in garage in the desert, lower MHs in summer).  

Hope this helps!  It is a pain.  Takes about 30 minutes.  Less if you are handy.   

Oh wow. That was horrible out of the box. My 3090 fe was loud out of the box and hot but still getting about 120. With thermal pad mod was able to bring down the temps but didn't really improve performance. With a water block now though and overclocking getting about 135 - 140 and temps never go above 60c.