RSS feed

Go to solution Solved by pythonmegapixel,
4 minutes ago, aeliasov9 said:

I prefer having it as a rss as i have all my news sources and messages on it.

OK, well you can go to https://linustechtips.com/discover/?do=create

Then you choose what content you want in the feed and click "Save Changes"

Then in the top right, choose "Stream Options" and select "Subscribe to RSS feed"

Is there a way make a rss feed for my notification for my ltt forum notification I use a chrome extension called Feeder?

I couldn't find a section called RSS so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

You can just enable notifications from your browser by choosing "Let this browser alert me when I recieve a notification" in https://linustechtips.com/notifications/options/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

You can just enable notifications from your browser by choosing "Let this browser alert me when I recieve a notification" in https://linustechtips.com/notifications/options/

4 minutes ago, aeliasov9 said:

OK, well you can go to https://linustechtips.com/discover/?do=create

Then you choose what content you want in the feed and click "Save Changes"

Then in the top right, choose "Stream Options" and select "Subscribe to RSS feed"

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

There's no option for notifications. You can select them in email format daily, but thats it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

There's no option for notifications. You can select them in email format daily, but thats it.

What does this do then?

image.thumb.png.d22519fa35fda9c2b88bf449211778c1.png

pythonmegapixel

What does this do then?

Exactly what it says. Lets browser ring notification when browser is open. RSS is not same thing. RSS would be text feed that could be read without logging into forums. For example you can, besides activity feeds, get any subforum as RSS feed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Exactly what it says. Lets browser ring notification when browser is open. RSS is not same thing. RSS would be text feed that could be read without logging into forums. For example you can, besides activity feeds, get any subforum as RSS feed.

Indeed. And with the correct software, you can get a notification every time an RSS feed updates.

I'm assuming that this is what OP's Chrome extension does, and that's why they asking if they can get an RSS feed.

pythonmegapixel

Indeed. And with the correct software, you can get a notification every time an RSS feed updates.

I'm assuming that this is what OP's Chrome extension does, and that's why they asking if they can get an RSS feed.

I read it in other way. They would like get forum notifications as RSS feed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv