5V 3PIN to SM 3Pin Male/Female

Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
8 hours ago, Impendable said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VDWGNZB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_VKAZ0TQ151M3ZJYH0KEH

This is the fan I have(I know, it's obvious it needs the mobo header, I failed). Instead of having it hook to an ARGB header that I don't have, I was trying to get an adapter that made it into a 3 Pin SM header, like the one for SYS_FAN that would cause it to light up, no need for any way to control it or anything, I just want the colors, like the smaller fans I got which are the same brand.

Something like the attached file, but with the male 5V header (with the pins sticking out) instead.

Screenshot_20210324-040719.png

you cant hook the argb to a system fan header. you need an 2+1 argb mb header or and internal usb argb controller or an manual controller.

I purchased some RGB fans for my case some time ago, 3 120mm and 1 200mm. The smaller ones only have a regular 3 pin MOBO connector and one for the power supply, however the 200mm has the power supply and a 5V 3Pin RGB header connector. Unfortunately, my MOBO doesn't include an rgb header and I didn't realize this beforehand. I found a 5V 3Pin female to SM 3 Pin Male adapter but I haven't been able to find the opposite. So, this may be a silly question, but I'm wondering if there is a 5V 3Pin Male to SM 3Pin Female adapter I would be able to use instead. I was looking at external RGB controllers but wasn't able to find one for the 3 Pin RGB header. Thank you in advance for any help!

20 hours ago, Impendable said:

I purchased some RGB fans for my case some time ago, 3 120mm and 1 200mm. The smaller ones only have a regular 3 pin MOBO connector and one for the power supply, however the 200mm has the power supply and a 5V 3Pin RGB header connector. Unfortunately, my MOBO doesn't include an rgb header and I didn't realize this beforehand. I found a 5V 3Pin female to SM 3 Pin Male adapter but I haven't been able to find the opposite. So, this may be a silly question, but I'm wondering if there is a 5V 3Pin Male to SM 3Pin Female adapter I would be able to use instead. I was looking at external RGB controllers but wasn't able to find one for the 3 Pin RGB header. Thank you in advance for any help!

like this ?

https://www.amazon.ca/Airgoo-Spliter-Motherboard-Include-Extension/dp/B08KL7LS8K/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=argb+cable&qid=1616537328&sr=8-14

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Oh nice! Thank you! Now it says splitter, but it would work just to make it go from argb to a sm fan and light up right? I'm new to computer building and I'm assuming that argb lets me control the colors and such but I just want the regular rainbow style lighting, so this would work for that right?

2 minutes ago, Impendable said:

Oh nice! Thank you! Now it says splitter, but it would work just to make it go from argb to a sm fan and light up right? I'm new to computer building and I'm assuming that argb lets me control the colors and such but I just want the regular rainbow style lighting, so this would work for that right?

i dont no what fan your trying to connect im guessing your trying to hook it to an mb header?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont no what fan your trying to connect im guessing your trying to hook it to an mb header?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VDWGNZB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_VKAZ0TQ151M3ZJYH0KEH

This is the fan I have(I know, it's obvious it needs the mobo header, I failed). Instead of having it hook to an ARGB header that I don't have, I was trying to get an adapter that made it into a 3 Pin SM header, like the one for SYS_FAN that would cause it to light up, no need for any way to control it or anything, I just want the colors, like the smaller fans I got which are the same brand.

Something like the attached file, but with the male 5V header (with the pins sticking out) instead.

8 hours ago, Impendable said:

you cant hook the argb to a system fan header. you need an 2+1 argb mb header or and internal usb argb controller or an manual controller.