All-Rounder Headset

SupFlynn

Guys im looking for a headset around 120-150$(this can be discounted price) and i got gsp350 in my mind. Im looking for a really comfortable headset. In some days i gonna even use it for 12-15hours and it shouldnt feel any uncomfortable after those long use sessions. It should have really good build quality because im looking to use it for maybe even 6years but im enough satisfied with 4 years of use. I was thinking to pc37x but it is openback so im not sure about how much noise it gets from outside and how much noise it will give to outside. And i gonna use it for listening music too (my main genre is metal and rock this is my playlist in case you need). I gonna play forza horizon 4 and rust with it. And if you are able to send me record of pc37x i wanna know how much sound does it gives to environment. And if it is avaible on local germany stores it would make my work whole lotta easier. 

In a conclusion i need a 120-150$ nice built and comfortable headset for gaming and listen to music. 

The old Corsair headset, The Special edition is amazing, Don't bother with the new one, the cans hurt and the head strap is awful and starts hurting your head after an hour or so.

I have these and I love them, I have had Logitech's and many others, these are the most comfortable!

CORSAIR HS70 SE Wireless 

Also They are built with Metal hinges not the plastic/metal hybrids that snap on you after they get a little old in the plastic...

11 minutes ago, Noirdrath said:

The old Corsair headset, The Special edition is amazing, Don't bother with the new one, the cans hurt and the head strap is awful and starts hurting your head after an hour or so.

I have these and I love them, I have had Logitech's and many others, these are the most comfortable!

CORSAIR HS70 SE Wireless 

Also They are built with Metal hinges not the plastic/metal hybrids that snap on you after they get a little old in the plastic...

Yeah you might be right but it is wireless so i gonna struggle with battery life i dont really want that. And as i see there is none v1 left all of those in the stocks are v2s.

1 minute ago, SupFlynn said:

Yeah you might be right but it is wireless so i gonna struggle with battery life i dont really want that. And as i see there is none v1 left all of those in the stocks are v2s.

Yeah I would get the V2 ones, They can be plugged in and charge while in use. I charge them when using them all the time, but they last for a LONG time on Battery! and seriously if you get a long Usb cord it's no different than a corded headset, but you can unplug them when you want to get up and get a stretch! 😄

1 minute ago, Noirdrath said:

Yeah I would get the V2 ones, They can be plugged in and charge while in use. I charge them when using them all the time, but they last for a LONG time on Battery! and seriously if you get a long Usb cord it's no different than a corded headset, but you can unplug them when you want to get up and get a stretch! 😄

But im paying premium for wireless and thats a thing that i dont gonna use that didn't made any sense to me.

3 minutes ago, SupFlynn said:

But im paying premium for wireless and thats a thing that i dont gonna use that didn't made any sense to me.

Something that fits in to your description are the MH752's. They are one of the most comfortable, almost noise cancelling and the mic is great for being a headset mic. The GSP headsets are mediocre imho. Even the higher end GSP headsets the GSP 600's sound pretty bad to me. They are VERY heavy as well.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 minute ago, SupFlynn said:

I wouldn't say $88.99 is "premium" imho. Didn't you say you were looking to pay up to $150?

Personally I just like the lack of a cord, too many times I have had the cord get caught in my chair wheel... I lost a couple headsets that way ;( 

If you have to have corded then there are the Corsair HS60 PRO for $51.99

They are cheaper and still the same build quality but corded.

8 minutes ago, Noirdrath said:

I would rather not. Their headphones aren't even good for the price. Razer's audio products are pretty bad and their merketing "7.1 triforce drivers" are just BS in its finest.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Just now, Noirdrath said:

Personally I just like the lack of a cord, too many times I have had the cord get caught in my chair wheel... I lost a couple headsets that way ;( 

Stop rolling over your cable then. It is called cable management.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

2 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

I would rather not. Their headphones aren't even good for the price. Razer's audio products are pretty bad and their merketing "7.1 triforce drivers" are just BS in its finest.

First of all they are Corsair, Not Razer's.

Stop rolling over your cable then. It is called cable management.

Secondly, Shut up! 😛 lol, Yeah I get it, but still not having the cable to get caught is a nice bonus 😄 

Also on the topic of "Razor's" BlackShark V2 Gaming Headset Looks like it would fit @SupFlynn needs.

42 minutes ago, SupFlynn said:

i got gsp350 in my mind.

I missed that in the first read through. I didn't even know Sennheiser made headsets for that price. Not bad, and they are Dolby certified.

5 minutes ago, Noirdrath said:

First of all they are Corsair, Not Razer's.

Sorry I thought you were tallking about the blackshark V2's. People usually call them V2's. Anyways. Yeah corsair as well.

6 minutes ago, Noirdrath said:

Secondly, Shut up! 😛 lol, Yeah I get it, but still not having the cable to get caught is a nice bonus 😄 

Haha I guess it suits your case but wireless you get the expense of battery life, heavyness and can F up quality, it is not worth it.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

20 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Something that fits in to your description are the MH752's. They are one of the most comfortable, almost noise cancelling and the mic is great for being a headset mic. The GSP headsets are mediocre imho. Even the higher end GSP headsets the GSP 600's sound pretty bad to me. They are VERY heavy as well.

Holly those are even cheaper then what i expected. But are they as comfortable as GSP's ?

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

but wireless you get the expense of battery life, heavyness and can F up quality, it is not worth it.

Fair enough, To each his own.

Personally I would love to get another pair of my old Sony Studio reference monitors. But since my hearing is going in one ear, I suspect it would be wasted on me at this age.

Hopefully @SupFlynn finds a pair that's a good fit for the situation. I liked Sennheiser's in the past, so both options that the OP listed look like good picks imho.

2 minutes ago, Noirdrath said:

Fair enough, To each his own.

Personally I would love to get another pair of my old Sony Studio reference monitors. But since my hearing is going in one ear, I suspect it would be wasted on me at this age.

Hopefully @SupFlynn finds a pair that's a good fit for the situation. I liked Sennheiser's in the past, so both options that the OP listed look like good picks imho.

Yeah this comparison turns into ios vs android both team has really nice advantadges on their own but i couldnt decide between those advantages. Lot of people are defending mh's and the others defends sennheiser's i couldn't decided yet.

3 minutes ago, SupFlynn said:

Yeah this comparison turns into ios vs android both team has really nice advantadges on their own but i couldnt decide between those advantages. Lot of people are defending mh's and the others defends sennheiser's i couldn't decided yet.

Whatever you go with I am curious to find out. Anywho it's 5:30am here and I need to hit the sack. Good luck picking the right pair. In the end just remember, it's your head they are going on, so pick the ones you like. 🙂 

Take care.

As i search online i seen that sennheiser is better at general sound but worse at impedance so im in the middle impedance directly affects sound but the underneath technologies are directly affecting sound tho. But i think dolby is much more superior in 7.1 than just simulated in MH752.

1 minute ago, Noirdrath said:

Whatever you go with I am curious to find out. Anywho it's 5:30am here and I need to hit the sack. Good luck picking the right pair. In the end just remember, it's your head they are going on, so pick the ones you like. 🙂 

Take care.

Have nice sleep thanks for those reccomendations.

6 minutes ago, SupFlynn said:

As i search online i seen that sennheiser is better at general sound but worse at impedance so im in the middle impedance directly affects sound but the underneath technologies are directly affecting sound tho. But i think dolby is much more superior in 7.1 than just simulated in MH752.

You do know that neither dolby or any other virtual surround is superior to stereo right?

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

7 minutes ago, SupFlynn said:

The little USB SOUNDCARD that comes with the MH752's not 751's is a great little DAC that is better than most onboards and the 7.1 button should be taken off.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

3 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

You do know that neither dolby or any other virtual surround is superior to stereo right?

yes great stereo kicks all of those ass actually the main thing is comes to general quality.

58 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

The little USB SOUNDCARD that comes with the MH752's not 751's is a great little DAC that is better than most onboards and the 7.1 button should be taken off.

As dimitri says if you have money go for sennheiser if you are budget consumer go for mh752 here it is.

1 hour ago, SupFlynn said:

As dimitri says if you have money go for sennheiser if you are budget consumer go for mh752 here it is.

In the end audio is subjective. But the best all rounder I'd definitely say the MH752's

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

In the end audio is subjective. But the best all rounder I'd definitely say the MH752's

I really don't know atm. I wish to try both.

• 2 weeks later...