Upgrading from an i3 3900k to Ryzen 5 5600x. Will my 970gtx work still?

Go to solution Solved by _Dawnte_,

Yes your GPU should still work from the upgrade. However, a 970 is most definitely not sufficient for the games and workloads listed HOWEVER i see no reason not to get the CPU and mobo upgrade earlier then the GPU! Cheers

Budget (including currency): $500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Warzone, Cyberpunk 2077, AC Valhalla, Video editing. 

Other details I also just bought a Aorus B550 elite V2 so hopefully it all works. I still have a few days to return them if not there was just a really good sale and I had to jump on it. I want to upgrade my GPU and power supply (power supply first bc its a white and I was just told it could fry my system even though its a 750W) I want to play games at 120fps or higher. My question I guess is should I wait to install my new parts until I can get a GPU or should I put the new MOBO and CPU in now?

P.S. The power supply I'm going to buy is the Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply. Just incase that mattered to anyone. 

well yes, if you have a motherboard with a pcie slot, your fine.

The only way it wouldnt work is if the mobo dosent work

Also, the gtx 970 might be a bottleneck if you overclock the cpu

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

Yes your GPU should still work from the upgrade. However, a 970 is most definitely not sufficient for the games and workloads listed HOWEVER i see no reason not to get the CPU and mobo upgrade earlier then the GPU! Cheers

54 minutes ago, _Dawnte_ said:

Thank you for the help I appreciate it! Also I would love to get a new GPU but times are tough and shelves are empty lol. So ill make due with my lil 970 for now with low graphics decent fps and no raytracing. 

1 hour ago, tire said:

well yes, if you have a motherboard with a pcie slot, your fine.

The only way it wouldnt work is if the mobo dosent work

Also, the gtx 970 might be a bottleneck if you overclock the cpu

Yeah I will not be doing any over clocking until I get everything upgraded to my desired level. Thank you for the help!