Did Cyberpunk 2077 Kill my GPU ?

Hey everyone ,hope you are all good .✌️

I ran into a bummer this weekend after I installed Cyberpunk 2077 , so I installed the game and at the first boot it crashed to desktop no errors no nothing , then I tried again this time I saw the cdprojekt red  logo and then BsoD with video_tdr_failure it restarted tried again and the same ,so i uninstalled the game .

After i uninstalled i tried other games to see if they work, none work ,they start a can see the writing at startup , i go to the menu  but when it has to render something 3d it crashes 2 desktop most of them with no error or with failed do get 3d device or something like that but i tried benchmarking with heaven and it worked it gave a 46 FPS score with most settings set to high 

Then i started troubleshooting , i reinstalled drivers for both gpu's Nvidia and Intel ,rolled back, searched for corrupted files , malware scan ,virus scan , memory scan , reinstalled directX nothing worked ..same thing CTD or BSoD, so i got desperate , I reinstalled windows with format to the ssd which it's on, reinstalled all the drivers , tried a game boom CTD.

i tried other benchmarking programs 3dMark demo .. out of 3 possible benchmarks only one works (Night Raid for home pc's with a score of 19000) the other 2 don't work , Superposition does not work and furmark score 2522.

The temperatures are ok nothing over 80 C  

Please help. i can't afford to buy a new laptop or PC ,can i do anything else to test the gpu ?  

And i found this reddit tread that kind of confirms my fears but who knows 

Device : Asus Rog GL753VE Laptop 

CPU :    Intel Core I7-7700HQ 2.80GHz

GPU:     Nvidia  GTX 1050ti   4gb

Ram:     16Gb

HDD :  250 Gb SSD (OS)

500 Gb SSD 

1 Tb HDD 

No. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

No. 

so it's dead ? 😞 

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

No. 

no it did not kill the gpu, or no there is nothing else to do 😅

Just now, Zookey said:

Have you tried DDU-ing and reinstalling drivers?

Just now, Zookey said:

No it did not kill the GPU. 

GPU's die. Games don't "kill" them, certainly not when the game never even started.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Zookey said:

It sounds like it died at an inopportune time, but you can test with another OS (like Linux Mint) and that will most certainly tell you what's going on

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, BiotechBen said:

Have you tried DDU-ing and reinstalling drivers?

yes , no effect

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

It sounds like it died at an inopportune time, but you can test with another OS (like Linux Mint) and that will most certainly tell you what's going on

ok ..can try that .. but the thing is that it responds as if it would work normally , but it does not 

11 minutes ago, Zookey said:

ok ..can try that .. but the thing is that it responds as if it would work normally , but it does not 

That's what booting into linux should help with. Windows can be really dumb when trying to figure out why something isn't working the way it's supposed to.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

That's what booting into linux should help with. Windows can be really dumb when trying to figure out why something isn't working the way it's supposed to.

great...so i have to learn to use linux 😅

16 minutes ago, Zookey said:

great...so i have to learn to use linux 😅

Actually, Linux Mint is super easy to use, there is a Live install, runs off USB drive, and very windows-like.

Steam also exists, which would be a great way to tell what's happening.

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/burn.html

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4011

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Actually, Linux Mint is super easy to use, there is a Live install, runs off USB drive, and very windows-like.

Steam also exists, which would be a great way to tell what's happening.

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/burn.html

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4011

thx..i will try this and come back with the results