So I've a friend...

He is starting a YouTube channel, and he has a very limited budget. He would be making 5-10 minute videos on tech, in a style, similar to Linus's. His budget is about $250 USD. He already has a Blue Yeti, so the sound is taken care of. I was looking at these for him

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00913NPYK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=SQJE156C600Z&coliid=I1DFIJEY13G8PT&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KP473Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=SQJE156C600Z&coliid=I2YLB3O0TRCY6O

Would there be better that he could get for the money?

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

He is not trying to make a living off of it is he? If he is talk him out of it.

But as for the camera Olympus are a decent brand and for the price I am sure that is alright however someone might know a better one.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

He is not trying to make a living off of it is he? If he is talk him out of it.

But as for the camera Olympus are a decent brand and for the price I am sure that is alright however someone might know a better one.

No, just as a hobby

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

That tripod will suck. But if it's just gonna be sitting on the floor inside and he's not going to be jumping up and down then it'll do the job.

The camera is probably fine, another option would be to get something better second hand for the same or less. Doesn't need to start off with the best things available as long as the final product is good

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M