Best Call of Duty For Multiplayer?

Sparky862

So as of today, which COD would you recommend for Multiplayer that is still active and not wait 10min in lobby? I am from South Africa aswell if this plays a factor, otherwise I am fine playing on EU servers. Just looking for a nice active mulitplayer experience

The most recent one or some old favorites like modern warfare 2 and black ops with a multiplayer mod if needed (pretty darn active userbase on the custom servers).

I mean obviously the latest one is the most active. But Warzone -if you like Battle Royale- is free and very active.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

50 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The most recent one or some old favorites like modern warfare 2 and black ops with a multiplayer mod if needed (pretty darn active userbase on the custom servers).

I have not played any COD since MW2 back in the 2000's. I am not counting Warzone now. Looking at most recent one I see some Zombie mode? Is that like a horde mode?

47 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

Cold War, Black Ops 3/4 and Warzone

My RAM is a little on the low side. Fairly old PC.

GTX 1070

I7 3770k

8GB DDR3 Ram

1080p 144Hz Monitor

Not sure if the most recent ones will even run as minimum requirement is 16GB Ram.

12 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

well 8gb is still fine for most part except some recent unoptimized games like cyberpunk, it should be fine if you don't anything in background

Currently in WarZone I get (Never had it before) some weird 3 to 4 second random freezes then all a sudden when the game comes back I am dead. Or I get a crash saying my Page File is not enough even though my Win10 handles it automatically.

29 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

Currently in WarZone I get (Never had it before) some weird 3 to 4 second random freezes then all a sudden when the game comes back I am dead. Or I get a crash saying my Page File is not enough even though my Win10 handles it automatically.

It is like lag, only it is not. The game still carries on when it freezes for 3 to 4 seconds, I just stare at a frozen static image. So example I would be reloading, and the game will freeze. I stare at the frozen reloading image animation for 4 seconds, then after freeze my weapon is reloaded.

It wasn't universally accepted, but I actually really enjoyed Black Ops 4.

The new Cold War is nothing special - it's just very solid, reliable Call of Duty.

Modern Warfare 2019 multiplayer is also very good.

1 hour ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

It wasn't universally accepted, but I actually really enjoyed Black Ops 4.

The new Cold War is nothing special - it's just very solid, reliable Call of Duty.

Modern Warfare 2019 multiplayer is also very good.

How is the COD Modern Warfare which is on sale for 25% now?

5 hours ago, Sparky862 said:

How is the COD Modern Warfare which is on sale for 25% now?

If it's the recent, 2019 version, it's very good.

I don't really play CoD campaigns anymore, but it was very well received  - and the multiplayer is excellent. 

Plus, your skins etc...carry over to Warzone.

If, however, you are referring to the original Modern Warfare from 2007, or the more recent remaster, it's definitely a good game.

The campaign is good, and the multiplayer maps are first rate.

That being said, unless it is the recent remaster, it might be hard to get a game on pc without hackers...plus, it'll look quite dated.

So, in summary, if it's 2019 MW then I would get it, or if it's the original game remastered then also yes...the '07 original, I'd probably swerve.

9 hours ago, Sparky862 said:

Yeah the game needs a minimum of 8gb of ram as it will populate it all so have nothing open besides it and you might be fine but really 16gb is what you need for those not well optimized games.

21 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

If it's the recent, 2019 version, it's very good.

I don't really play CoD campaigns anymore, but it was very well received  - and the multiplayer is excellent. 

Plus, your skins etc...carry over to Warzone.

If, however, you are referring to the original Modern Warfare from 2007, or the more recent remaster, it's definitely a good game.

The campaign is good, and the multiplayer maps are first rate.

That being said, unless it is the recent remaster, it might be hard to get a game on pc without hackers...plus, it'll look quite dated.

So, in summary, if it's 2019 MW then I would get it, or if it's the original game remastered then also yes...the '07 original, I'd probably swerve.

Think I might get the 2019 Modern Warfare. The one that shows in the menu when you open Warzone game..... might be a mistake, but meh. Just looking for some deviation from the competitive edge that is Warzone.

10 hours ago, Sparky862 said:

Think I might get the 2019 Modern Warfare. The one that shows in the menu when you open Warzone game..... might be a mistake, but meh. Just looking for some deviation from the competitive edge that is Warzone.

It's good, you'll enjoy it.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:15 AM, Sparky862 said:

So as of today, which COD would you recommend for Multiplayer that is still active and not wait 10min in lobby? I am from South Africa aswell if this plays a factor, otherwise I am fine playing on EU servers. Just looking for a nice active mulitplayer experience

COD4 on PC was the most played COD on PC up until Warzone. COD 4x mod you can download to fix the server browser issue the vanilla game has. Black ops 1 on PC has a healthy player base. Those are the two id stick with. Don't pay for the new ones, unless you go Warzone which is free. 

On 3/16/2021 at 7:37 AM, Maury Sells Wigs said:

It's good, you'll enjoy it.

Just came back to say I love the MW 2019. Even though Story Mode was short it was brutal and stresful. Loved the way the captured the everyday struggles that war has to face and things children and other people has to go through ... I know it is all fictional, but it is a point in general.

1 minute ago, Sparky862 said:

Just came back to say I love the MW 2019. Even though Story Mode was short it was brutal and stresful. Loved the way the captured the everyday struggles that war has to face and things children and other people has to go through ... I know it is all fictional, but it is a point in general.

Told you it was good, didn't I?

2 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Told you it was good, didn't I?

Multiplayer also very active and fun. Lots of modes to play and to keep you busy. Great choice. Made the jump from MW2 Original to MW 2019. Compared to previous titles story is brutal, stresful, shocking, heartbreaking and captures war troubles very well. Loved it. Thanks mate.

47 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

Multiplayer also very active and fun. Lots of modes to play and to keep you busy. Great choice. Made the jump from MW2 Original to MW 2019. Compared to previous titles story is brutal, stresful, shocking, heartbreaking and captures war troubles very well. Loved it. Thanks mate.

I love the guns, and the customisation on offer.

The maps aren't top tier, at least as a collective - though some stand out.

At this stage you kind of know what to expect from CoD, but this was a pleasant surprise. 

Anyway, see you, mate.

They're all dead on PC except whichever one is the latest. Warzone is still extremely popular if you like battle royale though. 

If you want real gunplay and strategy, play CSGO. I'd say even Battlefield is superior in most ways. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

2 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

They're all dead on PC except whichever one is the latest. Warzone is still extremely popular if you like battle royale though. 

If you want real gunplay and strategy, play CSGO. I'd say even Battlefield is superior in most ways. 

Prob is being from South Africa, Battlefield is dead. No active players or servers. If you happen to find active players, they all play on one map or game mode anyways. Otherwise I am forced to play EU servers which gives me 200+ms. I own all the Battlefield and they are all dead South African side. BF4 is the most active.