I need a cable

ToPShaGGeR107
Go to solution Solved by ToPShaGGeR107,
On 3/14/2021 at 7:44 AM, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

I need to find cable for my motherboard 

I’m a new builder and just finished my first build but I’m missing a cable for my cpu 

I have a ROG Thor 850W Power Supply 

and it came with a bunch of cables that fit in my motherboard and power supply but the cpu plug was not fitting in so I bought one and now it won’t fit in my power supply 

so I bought an adapter for it and now it fits the cpu cable but not the power supply and then I spent an hour to find a cable that might fit but I can’t find anything that would fit but if anyone would know a CPU - 6+2 PCI-E or anything that would work for  a ROG Thor power supply and has a CPU end that would be helpful 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have just bought a new power supply now it works lul and I can’t magically craft me a perfect fitting cable so dumb to think that I’m just putting it in wrong or sumthing 

11 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

"U" shaped pins are made to fit in either "U" shaped holes or "square" shaped holes.

Did you actually TRY to plug it in, or  are you ASSUMING it won't work because you see a "U" where you think there should be a square?

Tried 

Just now, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

Tried 

You're doing something wrong.

On 3/14/2021 at 7:44 AM, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

I need to find cable for my motherboard 

I’m a new builder and just finished my first build but I’m missing a cable for my cpu 

I have a ROG Thor 850W Power Supply 

and it came with a bunch of cables that fit in my motherboard and power supply but the cpu plug was not fitting in so I bought one and now it won’t fit in my power supply 

so I bought an adapter for it and now it fits the cpu cable but not the power supply and then I spent an hour to find a cable that might fit but I can’t find anything that would fit but if anyone would know a CPU - 6+2 PCI-E or anything that would work for  a ROG Thor power supply and has a CPU end that would be helpful 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have just bought a new power supply now it works lul and I can’t magically craft me a perfect fitting cable so dumb to think that I’m just putting it in wrong or sumthing