Weird noise from AIO?

Shhhhh2777

Cooler master ML240 RGB v2 and it is making a noise that sounds like a rattling and I’ve been hearing it for a few days now , should I worry. Rad is mounted vertically and tubes are on the top, no significant bend .

3 minutes ago, guestboring said:

Cooler master ML240 RGB v2 and it is making a noise that sounds like a rattling and I’ve been hearing it for a few days now , should I worry. Rad is mounted vertically and tubes are on the top, no significant bend .

Power down your computer, unplug the fans, if it still makes that sound, the pump bearing is giving out or there are air bubbles inside or both. Not sure if you can refill that unit. If the sound goes away without the fans, it was one of them. If not, try to RMA the unit. 

Just now, Applefreak said:

Power down your computer, unplug the fans, if it still makes that sound, the pump bearing is giving out or there are air bubbles inside or both. Not sure if you can refill that unit. If the sound goes away without the fans, it was one of them. If not, try to RMA the unit. 

I already had the fans and just mounted it to the radiator (the rad had a dent in it hard to explain) and the fans weren’t making the noise, I think it’s to do with the air bubbles but my case doesn’t allow to mount any other way to prevent these 

2 minutes ago, guestboring said:

I already had the fans and just mounted it to the radiator (the rad had a dent in it hard to explain) and the fans weren’t making the noise, I think it’s to do with the air bubbles but my case doesn’t allow to mount any other way to prevent these 

Try removing the radiator, hold it up top and shake it (with the system off) then turn the pc on and see if the noise is gone. If so, you probably have lost some fluid. Over time AIOs will loose just enough of fluid to cause issues like rattling noises. Refilling CM AIOs is possible but you need special bit heads and a lot of patience. Easier to just RMA the unit or replace it.

Just now, Applefreak said:

Try removing the radiator, hold it up top and shake it (with the system off) then turn the pc on and see if the noise is gone. If so, you probably have lost some fluid. Over time AIOs will loose just enough of fluid to cause issues like rattling noises. Refilling CM AIOs is possible but you need special bit heads and a lot of patience. Easier to just RMA the unit or replace it.

I can’t take the radiator out because it’s too close to front IO and it’s a pain to re install the front IO and the radiator but tilting it seemed to do the trick for now although this unit was on clearance and I have no other cooling options if I was to replace it 😞

1 minute ago, guestboring said:

I can’t take the radiator out because it’s too close to front IO and it’s a pain to re install the front IO and the radiator but tilting it seemed to do the trick for now although this unit was on clearance and I have no other cooling options if I was to replace it 😞

You can try to flip the case so the front is up top. You may need something to lift it up to not bend rear IO cables and connectors.

Tilting the machine while its on so the radiator is at the top might hopefully free any air bubble stuck in it. 

if it's new just give it time. I have had aios take several days to move the air around before the noise went away.