PC keeps crashing.

The Saucepan

Hi all,

I hope someone can help, I have a windows 10 with a prime  A320 M-k, an AMD Athlon 3000g with 16gb ddr4 RAM.

A Corsair 550w PSU and a second hand Palit GTX760 which was recently given to me by a friend. I installed the latest Nvidia

drivers but shortly after i turn on the PC everything freezes and i have to restart it. The PSU is brand new as someone else on another forum

told me it was most likely the PSU (which was 8 years old) was failing and needed to be replaced. So i did that and bought a new Corsair 550w

but the same thing is happening. So i thought i would give you guys a go here and see if anyone could shine some light on the problem.

The graphics card is roughly 8 years old but everything else is new.

Thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, The Saucepan said:

Hi all,

I hope someone can help, I have a windows 10 with a prime  A320 M-k, an AMD Athlon 3000g with 16gb ddr4 RAM.

A Corsair 550w PSU and a second hand Palit GTX760 which was recently given to me by a friend. I installed the latest Nvidia

drivers but shortly after i turn on the PC everything freezes and i have to restart it. The PSU is brand new as someone else on another forum

told me it was most likely the PSU (which was 8 years old) was failing and needed to be replaced. So i did that and bought a new Corsair 550w

but the same thing is happening. So i thought i would give you guys a go here and see if anyone could shine some light on the problem.

The graphics card is roughly 8 years old but everything else is new.

Thanks in advance.

This may be helpful:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-windows-freeze

This will tell you everything on how to fix it :)

@MoJoMax i ran an sfc, disk check,  and sector repairs and they all came back saying nothing is wrong. It is still doing the same thing. Do you think it might be just that the graphics card is too old and possibly not compatible?