PC doesn't post

So I built a new PC and here are the components:

- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

- ASUS X570 TUF GAMING PLUS

- 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 3600MHz

- MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G

I built the PC and it posted fine, moved on to installing windows and installing all windows updates, chipset drivers, GPU drivers etc.

Then I went on to benchmarking to make sure everything is fine.

I downloaded 3DMark, Heaven benchmark 4.0 and SOTTR to benchmark the GPU.

Here is the problem, with the GPU running all stock settings, it would crash and give me a black screen on any of the benchmarks above. None of them were completed once.

On the screen, I would get a few artifacts and straight into a black screen. The PC would then either recover and go back to windows desktop or it would get stuck in the black screen and restart on its own.

After this, I went online to seek some answers. Seems like people also had this problem and it could be due to drivers issue or stability issues.

Things I've tried:

- Tried underclocking the GPU. Doing this meant that the benchmarks would run for longer, but eventually it would still give me a black screen and restart.

- Then I saw that it needs 3 individual 8pin PCIe cables. At the time I was only using 2 cables, 1 with the splitter so the GPU still had all the power. After plugging the 3rd individual PCIe, the result was the same.

On one of the 3DMark runs, it crashed again. Artifacts into a black screen. But this time at the end it gave me a loud BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noise and I shut down the PC.

Then I tried to turn it on again and I wouldn't post anymore. On the motherboard the VGA debug LED was on. Meaning there was a problem with the GPU.

I have an RTX 2080 on another PC, and I plugged it in and posted.

Then ran all the benchmarks and everything seems to run fine.

I have individually tested the CPU, RAM, PSU and other components on another PC and they all seem to work.

So everything seems to point to the GPU.

Does this mean my 3080 is faulty?

How can I fix this?

what PSU do you have specifically? Its the most likely component here. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

what PSU do you have specifically? Its the most likely component here. 

Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

16 minutes ago, Tyrion007 said:

On one of the 3DMark runs, it crashed again. Artifacts into a black screen. But this time at the end it gave me a loud BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noise and I shut down the PC.

Forgot to mention, after this happened the PC would turn on, back off and turn on again in a loop.

Fans would spin, turn off then spin again in a loop.

This loop happened like 3 times and then it turned on but with the VGA debug LED on.