Rocket League Connection Problems

Hey, thanks for taking the time to read my thread. My friend and I have been plagued with connection issues in Rocket League recently. We both live in different states in the US. We both pay for fast internet. We both have tried playing with lots of people on our internet and alone. I have tried going to different locations entirely with good internet at both the other places as well. We both have PC's that lie well over the recommended specs for RL. We both have gone through every solution listed on the Rocket League website (https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054169594-Connection-Troubleshooting-on-PC) including port forwarding in my case. The lag manifests completely differently for both of us.

My lag: I get a complete freeze of my game for a few seconds before coming back in a completely different location with my ping having skyrocketed. This happens once every few games. My other lag is an inconsistent latency between my machine and the server. Boost pickups are slow and ball touches are jittery, but my ping remains stable at 40-60 depending on the server.

My friend's lag: He gets random ping spikes well into the hundreds for a minute or so almost every single game.

These issues are game-breaking for us. We are currently semi professional players hoping to break into the scene in a few short months. This lag is stunting our growth significantly so we need to put a lid on it stat. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has. I am generally pretty tech savvy. I fix issues like this for myself and my friends on a regular basis but this one has me stumped.

Edited by TruthTrek
added tags

15 minutes ago, TruthTrek said:

--SNIP--

Any suggestions are appreciated. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has. I am generally pretty tech savvy. I fix issues like this for myself and my friends on a regular basis but this one has me stumped.

Yes, I have a suggestion: stop playing the game when this happens. No seriously, hear me out - I've been playing RL with a group of friends since 2016 and every once in a while, we all regularly experience server issues despite being located in different areas of our province or being on different ISPs. RL uses really crappy Vultr VPS hosting for their servers, so all we can do is report the server from the ESC menu in game then hope the server gets flagged and fixed.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 hours ago, kirashi said:

Yes, I have a suggestion: stop playing the game when this happens. No seriously, hear me out - I've been playing RL with a group of friends since 2016 and every once in a while, we all regularly experience server issues despite being located in different areas of our province or being on different ISPs. RL uses really crappy Vultr VPS hosting for their servers, so all we can do is report the server from the ESC menu in game then hope the server gets flagged and fixed.

Unfortunately we've tried this approach. Reporting servers and taking breaks but it never solved the issue for either of us 😞 I don't think it's a server issue because it happens almost every game with whether we're playing together or on our own.