Estimated render time continues to go up in DaVinci Resolve and clip will not render at all!

Greetings community,

I have come up against this issue for a while and I believe I have found a solution, however, I am not 100% sure of that. I have done photography for a while and worked with computer files for a long time. I personally always try to save a project file and/or render out/save the finished file with the intention of just rewriting over that file with the updated file with the same file name; thus just basically updating the file. A couple of months ago, BlackMagic released a version of DaVinci Resolve 16 that suddenly made it so (seemingly) things would not render at random (this is still happening with all versions leading up to and including DaVinci Resolve 17). As soon as I clicked render, the estimated time would continue to rise until it finally got to multiple days worth of estimated rendering time left. Even worse, when you tried to stop the render, the program would completely lock up, to the point of closing it out through task manager. This has happened to me on multiple different installs and computers. I believe the problem is that you can not have ANY file with the same name on your computer or you will have this error. DaVinci Resolve will not replace files for some reason it seems. Please comment though if you think it is something else as it has been very perplexing in recent months.

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.