Help!!!!

Tha7_random
Go to solution Solved by Tha7_random,
14 hours ago, anonymousElefant said:

Scaling should work just fine. What specs do you have?

Personal opinion: future-proofing indidual components isn't the most economical strategy. I think monitors are evolving really quick right now, so by the time you are able to push better graphics, you'll get much better value on new equipment. only exception is maybe leaving DIMM slots empty for a later upgrade or pairing a low end cpu with a capable mobo and swapping for high end same platform CPU later.

I would leave windows settings at native resolution and change rendering settings in the games

I’m currently using a gaming laptop as my “desk top” it has a i7-9750h and a 2060 it’s not bad it runs whatever I want to play at 1080p with absolutely no issues but obviously I’m not going to be running 1440p in any kind of of competitive game I play.

I’m about to purchase a dell 1440p 144hz monitor but the hardware I’m using really can’t push 1440p I want to future proof myself am I going to have any scaling issues if I turn the settings down to 1080p

At those high of resolutions, 1080p shouldn't look too bad if you're not super sensitive to it. You should also see if your games run fine at 720p because 720 is half of 1440, and setting 720p on a 1440p panel will simulate 1 pixel with a group of 4 pixels which will look very clean.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

Personal opinion: future-proofing indidual components isn't the most economical strategy. I think monitors are evolving really quick right now, so by the time you are able to push better graphics, you'll get much better value on new equipment. only exception is maybe leaving DIMM slots empty for a later upgrade or pairing a low end cpu with a capable mobo and swapping for high end same platform CPU later.

I would leave windows settings at native resolution and change rendering settings in the games

Please invest in an efficient PSU with >90%.  My favourite is Seasonic, but quality>brand

14 hours ago, anonymousElefant said:

I’m currently using a gaming laptop as my “desk top” it has a i7-9750h and a 2060 it’s not bad it runs whatever I want to play at 1080p with absolutely no issues but obviously I’m not going to be running 1440p in any kind of of competitive game I play.