Looking to upgrade! Need help!

Budget (including currency): $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming/Streaming/VR

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

SO I have a decent rig already, built it way back in 2014 and upgraded the GPU last year to an Aorus 2080 ti Extreme. I knew the rest of the rig would bottleneck it, but I wanted to get the GPU first and then plan an upgrade later and i'm sure glad I did now lol. Instead of upgrading i'm thinking of doing basically a whole new build, but just carrying over the GPU and HDD/SSDs, then throwing my old SLI 780 6GBs in there and passing it off to someone else or selling it. I originally wanted to use this case: https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Translucent-Customizable-Side-Panel-Resolution/dp/B08413J5QG

After hearing horror stories about how bad the airflow is in that case, I'm thinking it may not be a good idea even though it looks really cool. Instead now i'm thinking of getting the CORSAIR Crystal Series 570X RGB Mirror Black instead since it's on sale.

Here's my current build: http://prntscr.com/10dyn9g

Here's what I started with back in 2014: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gf9hmG

All the parts are still the same except for the GPU, I've doubled the RAM, and I added some SSDs/HHDs.

Here's what I currently have for the new build (GPU is already bought): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VVdtBc

I want to try and future proof so I can replace my 2080 ti with a 4000 or 5000 series card down the line. I figured now would be a good time to move from SATA to NVME for my boot drive as well. I'll move all my other drives over as well. I gave my 4790k a small OC but i'm pretty sure it can't really keep up with the 2080 ti and I can't really upgrade the CPU without basically building a new computer, so I figured i'd go all out. I haven't decided on case fans, but I was thinking some black noctuas maybe for the empty slot(s). I'd probably like to OC the 10850k in the future, so I wanted to get a nice AIO cooler to mount to the top although I'm seeing some horror stories about the screws and mounting the fans on amazon. I went with 850W fully modular to give myself headroom for upgrade in the future, though maybe it is too much? My VR headset is just a Quest 1 right now, but I want to move to an Index eventually. Please let me know your thoughts and thank you so much for your time!

Switched to a 3700X (8 cores would be enough for streaming and gaming, going higher is not really helpful)

Switched RAM, cause that Trident Z Royal had CL19.

Added an HDD for storage just in case.

Switched your PSU to a better one.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

I'd suggest choosing parts that are all compatible with the motherboard lighting protocols. Otherwise syncing all the lighting is very difficult.

I'd also suggest a better quality psu. Currently it has much better pricing.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i9-10850K 3.6 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($394.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING ZOOMFLOW 360X ARGB 62 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($339.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL19 Memory  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($144.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1489.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-05 20:26 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.