Confused noob in need of help

Budget (including currency): $2,400 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I'd like a PC to do my future work on. I'm not really sure what I'd like to do in life yet so I think I'd like to dabble in different things like game development, linux, cybersecurity, virtual machines, programming, IT stuff, etc. I won't really be doing any gaming and the games that I'd like to make are simple 2D ones. 

Other details: 

After asking around I was informed that I don't need a discrete GPU since I won't be doing any gaming/crypto/heavy video editing so I should look for a CPU with integrated graphics.

I also need a monitor as well, I'm not sure if I'd like to upgrade to 2 in the future. I found this keyboard and mouse for pretty cheap on amazon and they look fine to me and as for the OS I'll just use the free version of Windows 10. Also having an ethernet connection isn't really an option for me so I'm going to have to use WiFi.

I also prefer efficiency over cosmetics, I heard that mesh cases are better for airflow so I'd like that if possible. I'm personally not the biggest fan of flashy/RBG builds. I'm also not sure if I'd want to overclock in the future.

I'd also be really happy if I didn't have to spend my entire budget. If I could get a good pc that works for my needs and that'll last me for a good couple of years while I could still save money I'd be really happy. I'm also hoping to buy everything by the end of the week.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, agentpenguin said:

I think I'd like to dabble in different things like game development, linux, cybersecurity, virtual machines, programming, IT stuff, etc.

of these, the only thing that strikes me as demanding is virtual machines, and even then it's hard to say how much power you'll really need to have.

What types of software will you use most with this system? Your budget might be extremely high for your needs.

For example, this could be pretty suitable

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, agentpenguin said:

Budget (including currency): $2,400 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I'd like a PC to do my future work on. I'm not really sure what I'd like to do in life yet so I think I'd like to dabble in different things like game development, linux, cybersecurity, virtual machines, programming, IT stuff, etc. I won't really be doing any gaming and the games that I'd like to make are simple 2D ones. 

Other details: 

After asking around I was informed that I don't need a discrete GPU since I won't be doing any gaming/crypto/heavy video editing so I should look for a CPU with integrated graphics.

I also need a monitor as well, I'm not sure if I'd like to upgrade to 2 in the future. I found this keyboard and mouse for pretty cheap on amazon and they look fine to me and as for the OS I'll just use the free version of Windows 10. Also having an ethernet connection isn't really an option for me so I'm going to have to use WiFi.

I also prefer efficiency over cosmetics, I heard that mesh cases are better for airflow so I'd like that if possible. I'm personally not the biggest fan of flashy/RBG builds. I'm also not sure if I'd want to overclock in the future.

I'd also be really happy if I didn't have to spend my entire budget. If I could get a good pc that works for my needs and that'll last me for a good couple of years while I could still save money I'd be really happy. I'm also hoping to buy everything by the end of the week.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Usually with that high of a budget you would allocate around half or but less of your budget on your graphics card. You could go with something from intel since all of thier cpus (im pretty sure) have on-board graphics but amd only has specific cpus that have their Vega on-board graphics. Maybe a i7 9700k or a i9 9900k would be good or you could go with 10th gen intel. If you want higher core count you could go with amd maybe a ryzen 7 or 9 but you would need a gpu so you can get a low end one.

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

of these, the only thing that strikes me as demanding is virtual machines, and even then it's hard to say how much power you'll really need to have.

What types of software will you use most with this system? Your budget might be extremely high for your needs.

For example, this could be pretty suitable

I'm honestly not sure what types of software I will use.. Thank you for the build, I really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, agentpenguin said:

I'm honestly not sure what types of software I will use.. Thank you for the build, I really appreciate it.

if you need more cores you could step it up to something like this

12 or 16 cores, if you somehow need even more cores a threadripper CPU is your best option

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, ISHAJDM said:

Usually with that high of a budget you would allocate around half or but less of your budget on your graphics card. You could go with something from intel since all of thier cpus (im pretty sure) have on-board graphics but amd only has specific cpus that have their Vega on-board graphics. Maybe a i7 9700k or a i9 9900k would be good or you could go with 10th gen intel. If you want higher core count you could go with amd maybe a ryzen 7 or 9 but you would need a gpu so you can get a low end one.

Yea a lot of people have recommended that I get an intel CPU but someone else told me that amd have better integrated graphics so I'm not really sure anymore but I'm also not sure if "better integrated graphics" really matter in my case. 

Just now, agentpenguin said:

Yea a lot of people have recommended that I get an intel CPU but someone else told me that amd have better integrated graphics so I'm not really sure anymore but I'm also not sure if "better integrated graphics" really matter in my case. 

AMD APUs have more powerful integrated graphics for gaming performance, but for your needs it's probably not as important.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

AMD APUs have more powerful integrated graphics for gaming performance, but for your needs it's probably not as important.

Yea that's what I was thinking, thanks for clearing that up