Windows 10 BSOD Loop

xJBx2004

Hello guys,

i have an urgent issue. My Laptop (MEDION Akoya P6670 MD99960) is stuck in a BSOD Loop. Idk how exactly that happened but i have the assumption that is has to do with my UV of my CPU.

3 Months ago i did undervolt my CPU (Intel I5-6200U @ 2.3GHz) around -90 mV on core and cache with ThrottleStop and it run perfectly fine since then (The Config was: untick Speedstep, BD PROCHOT, C1E, tick Set Multiplier to 28T). But today i read that when my CPU is running on Single Core, the Boost doesn't stop at 2.7GHz but goes to 2.8GHz. So i went to msconfig and changed from 4 Cores to 1 and rebooted it. And after that, i am where i am now. Is there any way to undo that (i.e. by booting into a Linux live Distro and and undo it).?

I sincerely thank anyone for helping me.

JB

All else fails, clear the cmos. Power off, open up and remove the battery for 10 minutes. If the manual states another way to clear cmos, follow that process instead.

32 minutes ago, xJBx2004 said:

Hello guys,

i have an urgent issue. My Laptop (MEDION Akoya P6670 MD99960) is stuck in a BSOD Loop. Idk how exactly that happened but i have the assumption that is has to do with my UV of my CPU.

3 Months ago i did undervolt my CPU (Intel I5-6200U @ 2.3GHz) around -90 mV on core and cache with ThrottleStop and it run perfectly fine since then (The Config was: untick Speedstep, BD PROCHOT, C1E, tick Set Multiplier to 28T). But today i read that when my CPU is running on Single Core, the Boost doesn't stop at 2.7GHz but goes to 2.8GHz. So i went to msconfig and changed from 4 Cores to 1 and rebooted it. And after that, i am where i am now. Is there any way to undo that (i.e. by booting into a Linux live Distro and and undo it).?

I sincerely thank anyone for helping me.

JB

You need to reset the cmos which holds the bios settings. This varies by machine and you probably will need to do a bit of research

39 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

All else fails, clear the cmos. Power off, open up and remove the battery for 10 minutes. If the manual states another way to clear cmos, follow that process instead.

38 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

You need to reset the cmos which holds the bios settings. This varies by machine and you probably will need to do a bit of research

Welp, as i forgot my Toolkit at my Parents home, i cannot do that for now. Will report as soon as i can lay my hands on that. But thank you for the Tip! ❤️

@ShrimpBrime Well i had to set it back to factory settings because it didnt help at all. Now after a fresh install, i updated everything to the newest versions and latest drivers but i cannot activate the manual change of the preset multipliers now. What can i do to activate it? Before this happened, i was able to select it manually and force it to run on max Multiplier at all times. Did the CPU lock itself up or something?

image.thumb.png.f1fbd1af126e3ac9d60388ad67c845bd.png

2 hours ago, xJBx2004 said:

@ShrimpBrime Well i had to set it back to factory settings because it didnt help at all. Now after a fresh install, i updated everything to the newest versions and latest drivers but i cannot activate the manual change of the preset multipliers now. What can i do to activate it? Before this happened, i was able to select it manually and force it to run on max Multiplier at all times. Did the CPU lock itself up or something?

That's kinda strange.

I'm going to tag @unclewebb because he'll be able to help with this one better than myself I think.

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That's kinda strange.

I'm going to tag @unclewebb because he'll be able to help with this one better than myself I think.

Thanks ❤️

Just now, xJBx2004 said:

Thanks ❤️

You're very welcome. I'm 100% confident he can help better than myself.