Does 6700K bottleneck rtx 2080 s?

I thought to get 11700k cuz my cpu now is quite old (5 y).

I play mostly older titles like far cry 5,shadow of the tomb raider,witcher 3,batman arkham knight at 1440p all maxed out settings.

So I wonder would switching to 11700k at 1440p be worth invetstment?

The only like low fps I do get is in shadow of...  where even fps in some scenes drops to around 60.

My cpu runs at 4.5GHz overclocked no heat issues.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

This is a great video to show what bottlenecking looks like and it's something you can try yourself since you have the game that they're testing.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Judging by this not so much...

Screenshot_20210303-130523.png

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

run MSI afterburner in background and monitor GPU usage

if it's not pinned at 95 or higher, means something else is limiting its performance, and it's most likely the CPU, then upgrading would make sense

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

run MSI afterburner in background and monitor GPU usage

if it's not pinned at 95 or higher, means something else is limiting its performance, and it's most likely the CPU, then upgrading would make sense

I ran msi ab osd in games and gpu usage is 95-100%.

I suppose then it's okay.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

I ran msi ab osd in games and gpu usage is 95-100%.

I suppose then it's okay.

then upgrading CPU might see frametime stability, but not necessarily more avg fps

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Excuse me,in some scenes in FC GPU usage drops as low as 60 %,but like average is around hmm 85-90 %..

Besides fps never drops below 100 which makes a game perfectly playable.

So when a GPU is not under load of 95-100 % it means that cpu is bottleneck with GPU?

Sometimes yes sometimes no, depends on the game, specific environments in that game, and settings.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Well my personal opinion is that in graphical intense scenes,like water reflection,smoke etc I see that GPU load increases,which is okay.

In some scenes where graphics is like average of detail like internal enviroment it drops to 60 %.

my opinion is that doesn't necessary mean that CPU is bottlenecking.

56 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Well my personal opinion is that in graphical intense scenes,like water reflection,smoke etc I see that GPU load increases,which is okay.

In some scenes where graphics is like average of detail like internal enviroment it drops to 60 %.

my opinion is that doesn't necessary mean that CPU is bottlenecking.

Well you'll never be at a 100% on both so either the CPU is limiting or the GPU is limiting. This changes throughout gameplay and even with the best hardware it's not going to completely go away.

This is part of why reviewers report 1% and 0.1% lows.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x