New PC Build

Hi guys, i would like to have some help from anyone who understands my problem with my new build pc, so basically i build a pc with a ryzen 5 3600, b450 f motherboard currently has 8gigs of ram im planning on upgrading soon, 700watt powersupply the only thing i really need at the moment is a gpu, and basically i got this old sapphire hd 3650 gpu from 2009, im going to use it for a little while until the gpu prices drop, not planning on gaming yet anyway so when i turn on the pc the fans and especially the one on the gpu start running at full speed i get no display at all, and it goes on like this for hours and i cant turn the pc off without pulling out the power cable, does anyone know a solution? I would appreciate it alot. Thanks in advance

try reseating memmory/checking power cables, reseating CPU, reseating GPU. Do you have and older cpu to try?

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

I personally think that it is your GPU causing it. That is a 13 year old GPU, so you might expect your PC to possibly not run (maybe it might, who knows)

You have the right mind with GPUs right now. Shortage prices are absolutely fricked, so if you could, browse as much as you can on trying to find a reasonably priced GPU still in a new condition. I suggest trying to find a 1660 Super to go along with that build.

9 minutes ago, SWFurkan23 said:

currently has 8gigs of ram

Upgrade suggestion:  Use 16 gigs of RAM, will help if you are multitasking .If your RAM memory speed is lower than 3200MHz, you're not getting as much performance as you can get, and if the CAS latency is high (e.g CL18, CL19), then upgrade to one with CL16. A Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz CL16 kit will do well.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

21 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

try reseating memmory/checking power cables, reseating CPU, reseating GPU. Do you have and older cpu to try?

I got one cpu which is a bit older and fits in AM3 boards, but it wouldnt fit on my AM4 board as far as i know so i cant really test it, tbh i really think its the gpu since its so old (2009) and doesnt even have an hdmi port (need to use somekind of dongle/adapter to convert to hdmi) so it might be because of that.

15 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

I personally think that it is your GPU causing it. That is a 13 year old GPU, so you might expect your PC to possibly not run (maybe it might, who knows)

You have the right mind with GPUs right now. Shortage prices are absolutely fricked, so if you could, browse as much as you can on trying to find a reasonably priced GPU still in a new condition. I suggest trying to find a 1660 Super to go along with that build.

Upgrade suggestion:  Use 16 gigs of RAM, will help if you are multitasking .If your RAM memory speed is lower than 3200MHz, you're not getting as much performance as you can get, and if the CAS latency is high (e.g CL18, CL19), then upgrade to one with CL16. A Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz CL16 kit will do well.

Yes it might be because of the gpu, since its from 2009 and doesnt have a hdmi port (need to use somekind of dongle/adapter to convert it to hdmi) so that might be the problem. And yes im planning on upgrading to 16gigs of ram in a week or two the current one i got is a 3200mhz HyperX CL16 (8gb)

7 minutes ago, SWFurkan23 said:

Yes it might be because of the gpu, since its from 2009 and doesnt have a hdmi port (need to use somekind of dongle/adapter to convert it to hdmi) so that might be the problem. And yes im planning on upgrading to 16gigs of ram in a week or two the current one i got is a 3200mhz HyperX CL16 (8gb)

Alright cool.

Have fun with your build!

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

10 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

Alright cool.

Have fun with your build!

Thank you alot