XBox One controller issue

Sarra
2 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Oof, shafted. 馃槯 I found the easiest way, at least for me, to determine what the warranty was on a product, was to just check the sale page on Newegg. o.x Goggling it just takes you to a huge crap-stain of legalese on Sony or Microsoft's websites, and honestly, even CTRL F wasn't finding anything remotely readable. >_>

I checked NewEgg first too - but at least on the Canadian Site, it doesn't actually list the warranty for every item. Often it'll just say "Refer to manufacturers warranty" - which is a big fuck you to the user.

I found Best Buy's site way more consistent.

Yeah I tried googling both too and just found swamps of legal jargon and literally could not find the warranty on controllers for either Microsoft or Sony from their sites.

For Sale:聽Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red聽- HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I checked NewEgg first too - but at least on the Canadian Site, it doesn't actually list the warranty for every item. Often it'll just say "Refer to manufacturers warranty" - which is a big fuck you to the user.

I found Best Buy's site way more consistent.

Yeah I tried googling both too and just found swamps of legal jargon and literally could not find the warranty on controllers for either Microsoft or Sony from their sites.

I think it's by design, at least with Microsoft. They are literally shafting people with a 90 day warranty on a product they know will probably fail within 6 months of being first used.

I'll give Best Buy a shot. Actually saw some PS5 controllers for sale, but again, I don't really like the white aesthetic. I'd prefer almost any color other than white, really. @___@

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

2 hours ago, Sarra said:

I'll give Best Buy a shot. Actually saw some PS5 controllers for sale, but again, I don't really like the white aesthetic. I'd prefer almost any color other than white, really. @___@

I have a white PS4 controller (only one that was in stock, took months of waiting for it to pop up during only corona). I wasn't super excited, I wanted red, transparent blue, or "Berry Blue" but it was literally the only one and I had destroyed my old one when moving. The white really isn't bad. I don't often "Cheeto finger" my controllers, but it pretty much looks like it did when new, other than some small crevices that I'd never expect to stay clean, it's just more noticeable on the white. I agree, it does/would look better, but it's not something I'm going to wait for, and not something I'm going to buy to replace my two current controllers.聽

DualSense-Black-Image.jpg

36 minutes ago, Colty said:

I don't often "Cheeto finger" my controllers,

It's not necessarily about this. It has more to do with the aesthetic of my gear: Everything I have is black, my monitor bezels, PC cases, mice, keyboards, monitor stand, Nostromo, USB hub, etc. The only thing I have that isn't black is my Schiit Loki, which is silver.

So, while White isn't a terrible color, I would prefer any color other than that. Even blue, green, grey, pink, orange, red... Anything but Yellow. 馃槯

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022