Server PSU on Gpu

Sheanfabs

hello guys i am about to buy rtx 3080

but can i use server psu it is hstns-pd19 1200W it is 94 % efficiency to power that gpu only 

and the another psu my cv550 is to power only the motherboard

it is okay ?

Gets better PSU. Dual PSU systems are a mess to run

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

The other end of that PSU is just a slot as its made to work in specific servers. Do you have a breakout board to expand and give you the proper ports? 

power supply for DPS 1200FB 1 A HSTNS PD19 570451 001 570451 101 579229 001  1200W, fully tested|supply power| - AliExpress

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

The other end of that PSU is just a slot as its made to work in specific servers. Do you have a breakout board to expand and give you the proper ports? 

power supply for DPS 1200FB 1 A HSTNS PD19 570451 001 570451 101 579229 001  1200W, fully tested|supply power| - AliExpress

i dont have but i can buy it was like 7 dollars here for breakout board and 1.44 dollars for the 6 pin to 8 pin like that to power the gpu 

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Gets better PSU. Dual PSU systems are a mess to run

well better psu cost like 200 to 300 and for that server psu cost like 45 dollars 

15 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

well better psu cost like 200 to 300 and for that server psu cost like 45 dollars 

No? A good PSU (rm750x) would be plenty, and it should be about 120-130. But dual psus are hard to fit in a case that's not designed for it

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

i dont have but i can buy it was like 7 dollars here for breakout board and 1.44 dollars for the 6 pin to 8 pin like that to power the gpu 

I feel like that's asking for trouble.

That PSU may not have a standard pinout for power, and putting just any breakout board on it, may result in lots of magic smoke being released.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

No? A good PSU (rm750x) would be plenty, and it should be about 120-130. But dual psus are hard to fit in a case that's not designed for it

well its 145 dollars here for that what i mean is i want more than 750 so in the future i wont upgrade again but it cost alot 😕

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I feel like that's asking for trouble.

That PSU may not have a standard pinout for power, and putting just any breakout board on it, may result in lots of magic smoke being released.

well many give good reviews 

30 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

well its 145 dollars here for that what i mean is i want more than 750 so in the future i wont upgrade again but it cost alot 😕

750 will be plenty for a bit. especially a good unit like the rm

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Sheanfabs said:

well many give good reviews 

You miss my point, if the pinout for the power supply is non-standard (and some server power supplies are like that) you risk burning out all your components 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

You miss my point, if the pinout for the power supply is non-standard (and some server power supplies are like that) you risk burning out all your components 

how can i tell if its non standard ?

need help and yea sorry for that im new of using server psu  

Shopee_a9ef028f0b4736a1df15f239ad2e270b.jpg

3 hours ago, Sheanfabs said:

how can i tell if its non standard ?

You'd have to get a voltmeter and test the pinouts, or contact HP and ask them (and hope they tell you the truth) or simply don't use a bespoke server-oriented PSU, and use a standard one instead.