SSD Setup

Mass Content
Go to solution Solved by WhitetailAni,
Just now, Mass Content said:

Windows will be installed on the 😄 drive. Should all my other programs be installed on this drive as well? Ableton, Steam, Chrome, etc.

Does not really matter.

1 minute ago, Mass Content said:

The second drive will be the 😧 drive. I was planning on storing files on this drive. Like ableton projects, audio samples, songs, etc. Should my games be saved to this drive or the C drive?

I personally would install them to D, but it's your choice.

Lastly should I partition the C drive? is 2 TB too big for the C drive?

Nope - 2TB is fine.

Hi,

I just finished building my computer and am about to install windows. I wanted some advice/help on how to setup my SSDs. I have two Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB drives.

Windows will be installed on the C: drive. Should all my other programs be installed on this drive as well? Ableton, Steam, Chrome, etc.

The second drive will be the D: drive. I was planning on storing files on this drive. Like ableton projects, audio samples, songs, etc. Should my games be saved to this drive or the C drive?

Thanks in advance for any help! Some more info on the build below.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Used to play games like warzone, and to make music in ableton

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Current parts list Ryzen 5950x, ASUS Dark Hero VIII, 32gb GSkill Neo Cl16, 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2 SSD

Just now, Mass Content said:

Windows will be installed on the 😄 drive. Should all my other programs be installed on this drive as well? Ableton, Steam, Chrome, etc.

Does not really matter.

The second drive will be the 😧 drive. I was planning on storing files on this drive. Like ableton projects, audio samples, songs, etc. Should my games be saved to this drive or the C drive?

I personally would install them to D, but it's your choice.

Nope - 2TB is fine.

elephants

when they're both the same hardware, it's basicly preference for how you divide things up between the two drives.

as for the partitioning.. it's personal preference, there's no 'technical' reason to divide an SSD up, but some people like things divided up.