Some benefits from NVMe Gen4 in the future?

AzowiX
2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

For your use case you will NOT lose performance.

Sometimes I transfering large files so I wanna good drive as I said.. and for fast installers and unpacking processes..

Just now, AzowiX said:

Sometimes I transfering large files so I wanna good drive as I said.. and for fast installers and unpacking processes..

Yeah as I said you won't loose performance that evo drive flats out at the same speed as most other nvme drives once their caches are filled up. The 860 evo has a very big cache so it can stay faster for longer too. As I also have said multiple times. Installer do NOT benfit from faster ssds they are limited by the cpu and you install stuff just as fast on a gen4 nvme drive compared to a 860 evo.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just check the benchmarks on multiple adata drives before and after it's pretty obvious.

Yep, i thought so.

Recheck those benchmarks, actually relevant ones, like those on drive which is not 100% empty, and you'll see that everything is far from being as simple as you think.

21 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah as I said you won't loose performance that evo drive flats out at the same speed as most other nvme drives once their caches are filled up. The 860 evo has a very big cache so it can stay faster for longer too. As I also have said multiple times. Installer do NOT benfit from faster ssds they are limited by the cpu and you install stuff just as fast on a gen4 nvme drive compared to a 860 evo.

I understand.. If I prefer NVMe drive.. you have recommendation? you not recommend the sx8200? I think it will be close to 970 evo but maybe that is not the case...