Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have upgraded my build recently,its a budget gaming PC with i3 10100f and RX580.

I kept the RAM which is 16Gb on 2133mhz.

My question is-Should i sell the current RAM and buy 16GB 2666mhz? Will it improve my gaming experience? (Fps) and is it even worth it. Ot would cost me around 50$

Not with such a small bump in clockspeed no. Just keep it it's fine as is.

5 minutes ago, Acaa99 said:

I have upgraded my build recently,its a budget gaming PC with i3 10100f and RX580.

My question is-Should i sell the current RAM and buy 16GB 2666mhz? Will it improve my gaming experience? (Fps) and is it even worth it. Ot would cost me around 50$

You could sell the RAM, but it would have to be a decent price. No one is really buying 2133 anymore.

Also 3000mhz and 2666mhz ram are the same price. Just buy a 3000 kit if you do end up selling the 2133 kit

Note that there wont be a major performance jump, I would save your money and then a couple years down the line you upgrade to a better GPU and CPU 

17 minutes ago, Downkey said:

You could sell the RAM, but it would have to be a decent price. No one is really buying 2133 anymore.

Also 3000mhz and 2666mhz ram are the same price. Just buy a 3000 kit if you do end up selling the 2133 kit

Note that there wont be a major performance jump, I would save your money and then a couple years down the line you upgrade to a better GPU and CPU 

You forget that intel locks RAM speed to 2666mhz for i3, i5, and i7, and 2933mhz for i9 if you aren't on a Z series motherboard.

23 minutes ago, Acaa99 said:

I'd say keep the current RAM. Considering you only have an RX 580 you will only see a very modest performance increase by a few fps with that slightly higher clocked RAM.

Just now, Dimondminer11 said:

You forget that intel locks RAM speed to 2666mhz for i3, i5, and i7, and 2933mhz for i9 if you aren't on a Z series motherboard.

well im assuming he knows that because he asked about 2666mhz. I recommended a 3000mhz kit because it is cheaper than 2666mhz kits atm

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

well im assuming he knows that because he asked about 2666mhz. I recommended a 3000mhz kit because it is cheaper than 2666mhz kits atm

Well thats dumb when you think about it

Just now, Dimondminer11 said:

Well thats dumb when you think about it

because of ram prices being bad rn. Also no one is really manufacturing kits 2666 - 2933 anymore

Ok,looks like im staying with the current ram 🙂 Thanks for the replies