Is this even possible?

manofcolombia
Go to solution Solved by Izaya Orihara,

Yes. My gf has bougth an 840 evo 1tb and gets 1066mb read 1021mb write. (It because of rapid. Ram is stupid fast) 

I have ONE 120 Gb Samsung Evo as a boot drive and I was just running crystal for giggles and go these results that seem like there is something greatly skewing the results. I ran the performance test in Samsung's magician software and received similar results that just don't make sense.

The only thing I have thought of is that I do have rapid mode enabled however I would have expected that Samsung compensate or state that this might skew tests in their own software.

Thoughts? 

post-8494-0-45635800-1395622419_thumb.pn

I have ONE 120 Gb Samsung Evo as a boot drive and I was just running crystal for giggles and go these results that seem like there is something greatly skewing the results. I ran the performance test in Samsung's magician software and received similar results that just don't make sense.

The only thing I have thought of is that I do have rapid mode enabled however I would have expected that Samsung compensate or state that this might skew tests in their own software.

Thoughts? 

turn off rapid and test it out. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

turn off rapid and test it out. 

Ugh...that requires effort haha

Yea I'm doing that right now

Yes. My gf has bougth an 840 evo 1tb and gets 1066mb read 1021mb write. (It because of rapid. Ram is stupid fast) 

Oh perfect timing! I was just about to reboot with it off haha. Yea that makes sense. It freaked me out at first but I knew it was too good to be true 

Oh perfect timing! I was just about to reboot with it off haha. Yea that makes sense. It freaked me out at first but I knew it was too good to be true 

i dont get it... RAPID or no RAPID, is that the actual speed it copies and reads at?!

holy shit if it is :o

i dont get it... RAPID or no RAPID, is that the actual speed it copies and reads at?!

holy shit if it is :o

Nope its rapid. Since rapid uses part of your system memory as cache for the drive any synthetic test will also use the drive and system memory as cache. Its crazy fast because ram is crazy fast. I would get even better results with rapid if I had 2133 mhz memory or higher. Right now I'm using 1600 mhz 

Nope its rapid. Since rapid uses part of your system memory as cache for the drive any synthetic test will also use the drive and system memory as cache. Its crazy fast because ram is crazy fast. I would get even better results with rapid if I had 2133 mhz memory or higher. Right now I'm using 1600 mhz 

But I don't understand... when actually copying a file, not any of these dumb tests... will it copy at that speed or not?