650w enough?

MarvintheParrot
Go to solution Solved by --SID--,

With one fan you add 0,3A/3,6w extra powerconsumption to the system. 6 fans adds 21,6w. Nothing to worry about.

Hi! I just bought a new AcipHex power supply. The seasonic SGX 650. Yesterday I installed 3 Corsair QL120 fans. I am planning on installing three more. When I booted up Minecraft, the fan on the power supply went on for the first time. The fan has a passive mode. When the power supply is under a certain load, the fan won’t turn on. I just want to make sure that by installing six high power fans that the power supply will still function without any interruptions.

the rest of my system is:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus LC240 AIO

asus Rog strix b550-a

16gb RAM 3200

256GB nvme

2TB 7200RPM HDD

RTX 3060 Ti

Lian li O11mini Dynamic

6 Corsair QL120 (or 9 as an upgrade in the future)

3 ARCTIC fans

THANKS

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

With one fan you add 0,3A/3,6w extra powerconsumption to the system. 6 fans adds 21,6w. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you! I was just worried about the 30- something leds on each fan.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p