PC not starting properly

BunnyHunter67
Go to solution Solved by SEAL62,
1 minute ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

When windows did the disk recovery, I had an option to keep my files but reinstall windows. Would this option be enough? or should I do a full clean install.

Sounds good doesn't work 馃槃

Better copy your files to a seperate drive, do a clean reinstall and than copy your data back.

When I try to start my pc, it loads forever on the post screen. Once I force shut down the computer and relaunch, it goes through automatic disk repair and launches normally. My computer has changed a lot recently, making it hard to pinpoint what is causing it. I recently swapped out my GPU from a 1070 to a 3080, and one of my ram sticks died so I replaced it. The problem started some time after these changes happened.聽

What drive do you use for your OS?

Do you have any spare RAM that you could check (a pair), just in case your other RAM stick is faulty now or the new and the old one don't match together?

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU:Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666SSD: 512GB PCIe

Just now, SEAL62 said:

What drive do you use for your OS?

Do you have any spare RAM that you could check (a pair), just in case your other RAM stick is faulty now or the new and the old one don't match together?

My boot drive is a 1TB sata ssd. And I don't have any spare ram to check. But I do have memtest from when I was figuring out what was wrong with my ram. I haven't ran memtest聽on the new ram stick yet.

You could check your boot SSD for failure, maybe that causes the issue, but I would say it is just a bad windows install, so maybe think about reinstalling your OS.

Does your mobo have a speaker or some indicator LEDs that might show what hardware component might be the problem?

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU:Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666SSD: 512GB PCIe

13 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

You could check your boot SSD for failure, maybe that causes the issue, but I would say it is just a bad windows install, so maybe think about reinstalling your OS.

Does your mobo have a speaker or some indicator LEDs that might show what hardware component might be the problem?

It's an asus board and the two digit error code just says A0. Which after looking it up, seems to be a normal code.聽

Just now, BunnyHunter67 said:

It's an asus board and the two digit error code just says A0. Which after looking it up, seems to be a normal code.聽

Yes that is normal, so I would say that your hardware is probably fine. Seems to be a faulty Windows install

-> reinstall WIndows and everything should work just fine again

HP Envy x360 Convertible

1 minute ago, SEAL62 said:

Yes that is normal, so I would say that your hardware is probably fine. Seems to be a faulty Windows install

-> reinstall WIndows and everything should work just fine again

When windows did the disk recovery, I had an option to keep my files but reinstall windows. Would this option be enough? or should I do a full clean install.

1 minute ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

Better copy your files to a seperate drive, do a clean reinstall and than copy your data back.

HP Envy x360 Convertible

2 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

is there software that would make moving all my games and files easier?聽

The problem is that you will have a hard time copying all your games or other installed programs since your windows install is bad. So better just copy your data and the folders that have your saved games in them and reinstall your software after your fresh windows install.

You could use something like acronis true image for that, which can be found with let's just say a very heavy discount 馃槃 on certain sites.

HP Envy x360 Convertible