Cpu overheating

Aydan b
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
3 minutes ago, Aydan b said:

I can feel fluid moving in the cooler, the bios says the temps are at 90c. But I suppose it could be that

Sounds like indeed either the mount came undone or the pump is barely functioning.

To start off my pc specs are an i7-8700k, z390 aorus elite board, rtx 2070, 32 gigs of ram, and a corsair h100i v2 cooler.

I have never had issues of cooling before but as of today it seems i cant get past windows starting up before i get a notification of my cpu exceeding 90 celsius. I checked all the connections and made sure the cooler was still working which it is. I have ran out of ideas as to what to look into to solve this problem. Hoping someone has any ideas, thanks.

Might be pump failure. Can you feel the pump vibrating if you touch the block? What are temps in the bios? If they are above 30c in the bios it can very well be your pump failed.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Might be pump failure. Can you feel the pump vibrating if you touch the block? What are temps in the bios? If they are above 30c in the bios it can very well be your pump failed.

I can feel fluid moving in the cooler, the bios says the temps are at 90c. But I suppose it could be that

Sounds like indeed either the mount came undone or the pump is barely functioning.

If you try everything and it still says its at 90c it could be a temp sensor failure. that happens

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

7 hours ago, jaslion said:

I had to buy a new pump, the old one was done. Thank you guys.

I had to buy a new pump, the old one was done. Thank you guys.

Just make sure your pump is not the highest point in the loop that kills en quickly due to air being trapped in it. Just a small part of the rad being higher than it is enough to prevent that issue if it was an issue at all in the first place.