In desperate need of a new keyboard, can someone help?

NickKz

So I've had this Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard for a few years now, and while it still works perfectly fine, Razer is no longer supporting Mac OS X as a company, and they have not updated their Mac OS X software in close to two years now

As a result of this, I'm unable to upgrade to Big Sur (Mac OS 11), which really sucks, since everything else I have is compatible...We're in a new age of computing, where even a keyboard is OS specific and needs drivers!

I installed Big Sur on an external USB drive to see what it would be like, and it was basically a no go...

Without any drivers the keyboard still works, somewhat, but the lighting doesn't work at all, all the keys are black.

There's no macro support either, that doesn't work at all, and the function keys don't work properly either.

There is open source software to control the lighting but it doesn't solve the other issues, sadly, and it doesn't have the robust RGB config that Razer's software has anyway, it's very simplistic (but definitely better than not having any lighting at all), and it's also very beta / buggy.  

So anyway, I'm trying to find a new keyboard that will do what this one does.

Can anyone recommend something to look at?

I made a list of requirements

1.) Must support Mac OS 11 Big Sur

2.) Wireless with USB-C connector to enable charging and wired mode

3.) Mechanical switches — any will do, this one (Razer Ornata Chroma) has some kind of hybrid switches, they're good enough for me, they're nice and clicky

4.) STIFF chassis with little deck flex and the ability to tilt upwards

5.) I don’t really need the right 10keys, I never use them, I DO need the ins, home, end, scroll lock and pause break and print screen keys though, and arrows - sleep key must work (pause brk)

6.) Function keys that work with Mac OS shortcuts, volume up down, etc.

7.) RGB and Macro support

8.) Water / food / spill resistant and easy to clean

I don't mind spending 100-200 USD, or maybe even a little bit more, provided that it's a quality product and will last a long time.

Cheers

Thanks, they're pretty good, but there's no macro or key remapping support sadly.

I will have to think if I can maybe live without that, because everything else about their products seems pretty amazing.

They literally have everything else I'm looking for haha...Or maybe there's a workaround, like some kinda 3rd party software for macros and key remapping!

I'll look into that.

keychron with a seperated macro pad

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD