Windows not booting from External SSD but is fine via sata?

Anima core

I can't say that this is an issue i've come across before, i've got a few external test drives at work that I boot via enclosure so this is the first time i've ever had an issue with it.

I've recently purchased a Seagate BarraCuda Q1 SSD to put in an external SSD encloure. I've installed a Linux/Windows dual boot but having a little issue.

I seem to be able to run Linux fine via the enclosure but I can't get any of my PC's to pick up windows for the life of me. My boot options support Legacy+UEFI and i've tried both CSM enabled and Disabled.

Not too sure what the issue could be? If I plug the SSD in via sata I can boot to windows completely fine. Would love any input on what could be the problem. Thanks in advance!

Update:

I found something called WinToUSB which now allows me to boot to windows via my external SSD.

If you want to dual boot you will need to go into Disk Management and Shrink the partition since WinToUSB doesn't allow to only assign to 1 partition (At least, it didn't allow me in my case)

I'm now recreating my Linux installer so hopefully I have some luck once I reinstall it

The option to boot Windows from USB I think before was 'restricted'. I remember there was a 'Windows To Go' option.

It is nice you found a solution 'WinToUSB'. I would like to try.

I have a USB-A to NVME enclosure that runs at 700MBps read with a WD SN750 inside.

I might try this one day.