Help i broke a fan blade on my 1060 graphics card and i need a replacement fan

Harry520

Probably a bit off topic, but I had a fan go on my EVGA 1050ti so I legit strapped a PWM fan to it (zip ties and velco straps) and connected the fan to my curve with my mobo.

Plenty of options around to do some lovely "red neck engineering" and get better temps as well. 

Surely, it is a LAN issue?

You could just zip tie a fan to the heatsink, its not going to look good but it works

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, Harry520 said:

Thanks, i'll try this one.

Update: I have the new fan and have successfully mounted the new fan, now i am going to order some thermal paste because i had to unmount the cooler to change the fan.

I'm buying this one: https://www.komplett.no/product/1125446/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/vifterkjoelingvannkjoeling/kjoelepasta/noctua-nt-h2-kjoelepasta

On 3/25/2021 at 8:29 PM, Harry520 said:

Update: I have the new fan and have successfully mounted the new fan, now i am going to order some thermal paste because i had to unmount the cooler to change the fan.

I'm buying this one: https://www.komplett.no/product/1125446/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/vifterkjoelingvannkjoeling/kjoelepasta/noctua-nt-h2-kjoelepasta

Update: I have changed thermal paste and stress tested the card on my computer using "Heaven Benchmark" for a bit over 30 minutes. The temperatures never got beyond 76 degrees celsius and seems stable. Thank you all very much for helping me get the card running again. It means a lot.