Which headset should i get?

NicoPietje

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a good headset for playing competitive games like tarkov and listening to music.
I've been looking around for so long but nothing so far has satisfied what I want in a headset.
My budget is 250 euros, it does not need 7.1 sound but I would like a headset which are good for hearing footsteps.
I've seen some studio headphones but they usually dont have a mic and I need to get an amp and a separate mic which is something I don't really like.
In the past I've used the logitech g933, hyper x cloud 2 and astro a50. I personally didn't like the sound on the a50's and the g933 had too many problems with the software for me.

I hope someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, NicoPietje said:

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a good headset for playing competitive games like tarkov and listening to music.
I've been looking around for so long but nothing so far has satisfied what I want in a headset.
My budget is 250 euros, it does not need 7.1 sound but I would like a headset which are good for hearing footsteps.
I've seen some studio headphones but they usually dont have a mic and I need to get an amp and a separate mic which is something I don't really like.
In the past I've used the logitech g933, hyper x cloud 2 and astro a50. I personally didn't like the sound on the a50's and the g933 had too many problems with the software for me.

I hope someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

I'd see how expensive some drop hd58x jubilee's are perhaps, but I don't know about the imaging on them, and a modmic. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

get a pair of studio headphones and a mod mic. Better audio quality for the money, and you get a microphone. In the range of 250euro, sennheiser and audio technica have good options.

1 minute ago, Quadrum said:

get a pair of studio headphones and a mod mic. Better audio quality for the money, and you get a microphone. In the range of 250euro, sennheiser and audio technica have good options.

Yeah I've been searching for something like that but the modmic's usually break in 3-5 months according to the reviews..

2 minutes ago, NicoPietje said:

Yeah I've been searching for something like that but the modmic's usually break in 3-5 months according to the reviews..

I’ve had my modmic for about 6-7 and still going strong 

get a desk mic if you don’t want one of those 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I recommend the Cooler Master MH752 its better than the Hyperx cloud 2 and it does have an actual sound stage 

and here is a video consider what I mean 

and you can hear the footsteps and from my experience Its super smooth in the music the bass and everything else and super comfortable for long time use I put it on for like 7-9 hours and still comfortable 

the firmware is easy and good 

I hope that I helped : )

16 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I’ve had my modmic for about 6-7 and still going strong 

get a desk mic if you don’t want one of those 

i will look a bit more into it thank you! Which headphones would you recommend?

16 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

I recommend the Cooler Master MH752 its better than the Hyperx cloud 2 and it does have an actual sound stage 

and here is a video consider what I mean 

and you can hear the footsteps and from my experience Its super smooth in the music the bass and everything else and super comfortable for long time use I put it on for like 7-9 hours and still comfortable 

the firmware is easy and good 

I hope that I helped : )

Damn looks pretty good I'm going to look a little bit more into it but since they're pretty cheap too this might be the one, thank you!

Just now, NicoPietje said:

Damn looks pretty good I'm going to look a little bit more into it but since they're pretty cheap too this might be the one, thank you!

No problem, happy to help ! 

5 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

No problem, happy to help ! 

One more question, should I use an amp or something like that with it? 

5 minutes ago, NicoPietje said:

One more question, should I use an amp or something like that with it? 

Do you mean the firmware ? 

16 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

Do you mean the firmware ? 

No i mean like a separate amp but I see that the headset already has ony itself,
I've seen the hyperX cloud orbit s as well, what do you think about that one?

1 hour ago, NicoPietje said:

i will look a bit more into it thank you! Which headphones would you recommend?

You have a large budget, really there's no perfect headphone for it 

990's and a schiit stack would be my go

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

24 minutes ago, NicoPietje said:

No i mean like a separate amp but I see that the headset already has ony itself,
I've seen the hyperX cloud orbit s as well, what do you think about that one?

With Hyperx I have problems with the firmware I find it sometimes difficult and not easy for some people I havent tried them but for that price I would go with the Logitech G pro x 

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You have a large budget, really there's no perfect headphone for it 

990's and a schiit stack would be my go

Thank you for the response Slottr,
Since my budget is around 250 euros, i'm thinking about getting the 770 or the 990, it just depends on the amp im getting.
If i get a modmic with it which is 100 euros, and the 770 or 990 which are both 125 euros, i will hit my budget pretty quickly and im unsure if I will be able to get an amp.
I live in the netherlands and 100 euros for a modmic is the cheapes i could find.

Personally I use Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (studio grade headphones), great quality headphones and if you go for the 80Ohm versions no need for an external amp, however you would still need a mic.