Custom RadeonVII Cooling

StratoVector

1613547085328781889966090511913.thumb.jpg.ccf67ebbccb1c90a38d7d6c0f1305a84.jpgThe RadeonVII has a nice fan shroud and I didn't want to slap a full cover water block on and leave the fan shroud to waste. I modded some Bykski full cover blocks to fit inside the fan shroud, tubing and all, even allowing one of the shroud's fans to remain. This came out super nice and it actually makes for some neat custom loop setup options in the case chassis. I have both GPUs staggered in vertical mounts, one in front of the other. Routing the tubing out the end makes it easier to connect the rest of the cooling loop to the GPUs when mounted this way and gives more flexibility with mounting them wacky angles or heights. I'm sure the types of GPUs this mod could be done with are limited, but showing off the idea. Even has custom RGB in the fan shroud too.20210118_015858.thumb.jpg.5b07c675c94d3a0f3780bab2159eb779.jpg20210118_015648.thumb.jpg.201d16a3a6d7b71fa75d811cad9e8072.jpg

Really nice mod! The stock cooler on the Radeon 7 looks great imo but i've heard it was pretty hot and loud. Are your VRMs also liquid cooled or are you relying on the one fan left over to cool them? Did you only leave the last fan for decoration or does it serve any purpose?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Really nice mod! The stock cooler on the Radeon 7 looks great imo but i've heard it was pretty hot and loud. Are your VRMs also liquid cooled or are you relying on the one fan left over to cool them? Did you only leave the last fan for decoration or does it serve any purpose?

The VRMs are liquid cooled. The remaining fan is mostly decoration, but it does help move some air around the end of the card it is on. There is a metal plate under the remaining fan area that both holds the fan shroud to the PCB and acts partially as a heatsink. Yes the Radeon 7 gets quite hot if you let it. The two I modded are doing fairly well, usually sitting around 60C to 75C with high graphic settings at high resolution in games. They display to a 5 monitor array. The noise level is loud for the stock cooler configuration when the fans ramp up, but I have not run any of mine very long with the stock cooler. The single fan after the mod does not make much noise as it doesn't really ramp up from its base speed.