Paused game goes into lock screen

DSD27

In the good old days, if I let a ful screen game paused and were for a snack, I could take hours, when I came back the game was there waiting. These days, after some minutes, windows ignores that it's a full screen game and goes into lock screen like if it was on the desktop. How can we change this?

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

The easiest option is to disable the lock screen. Right click desktop/Personalise/Lock Screen

You could extend the timer, or disable it completely. If you're trying to set specific applications as exceptions, I'm not sure that's as easy, and you would have to do it for each game, I think.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

1 hour ago, camieabz said:

The easiest option is to disable the lock screen. Right click desktop/Personalise/Lock Screen

You could extend the timer, or disable it completely. If you're trying to set specific applications as exceptions, I'm not sure that's as easy, and you would have to do it for each game, I think.

Obviously. But the timer is there for the desktop, it shouldn't matter when running a full screen game, it didn't bfore.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

11 hours ago, camieabz said:

Obviously? How the hell do we know your level of knowledge?

Obviously, you can work it out for yourself.

Sorry but your solution was like:

- Doctor, my shoulder hurts when I touch it.

- Then don't touch it.

I'm looking for some setting we can change to give "priority" to full screen games, as it used to be before. But obviously keeping the lock screen enabled, it's there for a reason, I want it to work when not gaming.