Hackintosh Even WorthWhile?

Managed to get it on my laptop working just fine but, sleep doesn't work yet, audio doesn't work yet, and it won't even stay connected to a wifi network it sees. I don't really know if I want to invest hours of my life fixing something that offers me no real tangible benefit other than learning a new os. It is pretty i'll give it that but, the dock is a mess, i don't know if I'll ever get accustomed to the keyboard shortcuts and I'm not quite sure I like apples handholding, Only reason I really put it on there is imessage but, to be honest it's not that big of a deal to just respond to messages from my phone. Then again I have nothing else really to do and it's kinda fun. What do you think work out the kinks or just put linux on it and call it a day. It is pretty though I'll give it that and the dictionary built into the os is pretty convenient

4 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

Managed to get it on my laptop working just fine but, sleep doesn't work yet, audio doesn't work yet, and it won't even stay connected to a wifi network it sees. I don't really know if I want to invest hours of my life fixing something that offers me no real tangible benefit other than learning a new os. It is pretty i'll give it that but, the dock is a mess, i don't know if I'll ever get accustomed to the keyboard shortcuts and I'm not quite sure I like apples handholding, Only reason I really put it on there is imessage but, to be honest it's not that big of a deal to just respond to messages from my phone. Then again I have nothing else really to do and it's kinda fun. What do you think work out the kinks or just put linux on it and call it a day. It is pretty though I'll give it that and the dictionary built into the os is pretty convenient

if you're sure you can make everything work then why not???

8 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

If its just to learn a new OS then I definitely think Linux is more useful.  I mean if key functionality is not working on the Hackintosh, all you're going to be learning is the limitations of Hackintosh rather than the benefits of MacOS.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

The reason to make a Hackintosh is if you really need the MacOS environment. If you just want "not windows" then Linux is fine. Ubuntu has made some serious strides in convenience and user friendliness, but if you're experienced with Linux just pick a distro you like and call it a day.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

if you're sure you can make everything work then why not???

Time and effort vs benefits/drawbacks? Like I can install say ubuntu lts on the device, my wifi will work everytime. Stuff is bound to break eventually leading to more frustration etc and I don't really use any apple specific software.  It also has stuff that annoys me like multitasking seems like it would be a pain in the ass. I just spent like a week perfecting my linux install and tiling is super nice to have. Not even as good as windows in that regard. Then again might be better for my ADD to focus on a single task. Just gotta work out the bugs and snowed in today. Might need to buy a different wifi card but, it's stuck at home now and I can plug it in. It's a relatively heavy thinkpad so not really planning on using it portably

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If its just to learn a new OS then I definitely think Linux is more useful.  I mean if key functionality is not working on the Hackintosh, all you're going to be learning is the limitations of Hackintosh rather than the benefits of MacOS.

I have a desktop with linux on it and another desktop with windows 10 on it. Just playing around to be honest and I know the problems can be solved. Just not sure I want to solve them but, having a laptop where the notes i take on my phone and the reminders i set myself on my phone are just there is pretty nice. Then again my phone is sitting next to me

29 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

I have a desktop with linux on it and another desktop with windows 10 on it. Just playing around to be honest and I know the problems can be solved. Just not sure I want to solve them but, having a laptop where the notes i take on my phone and the reminders i set myself on my phone are just there is pretty nice. Then again my phone is sitting next to me

Then only you can answer the question really.  I know when I tried it, I couldn't be bothered to try to fix the problems but I don't have any Apple devices in the house so there was no motivation other than curiosity.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I've got hackintosh running under qemu/kvm (virtualized) on Linux. It's nice because I can snapshot and revert the drive, copy the disk image and fire up another, etc.

Here's the script I used to set it up, this guy's a genius:

https://github.com/foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM