New RK61?

Kelp

I just got the Royal Kludge RK61 today. There's  a few other weird things with this keyboard.

1. The USB-C port is on the left side, however, I've always seen it in the middle in pictures/videos. 

2. There is no bluetooth (I think I might have bought the wired-only version though)

3. The switches are hot-swappable, unlike all other RK61's I've seen.

I thought maybe it was a fake, but I looked at the hardware ids and found out the PID was 8016. This PID is also listed in RK's driver list, but it was added February 10th. 

Could this be a new model?

I haven't been able to find this keyboard anywhere else but in Amazon Q and A's

Hi to anyone who's reading this, I just made a video about the keyboard and I'll link it below. I made it longer than it could have been but I kind of just pointed my webcam at the keyboard and started recording. If anyone knows anything about the RK61 with hot-swappable switches, feel free to reply here

• 2 weeks later...

So I just received my RK61 (blue switches, black, full RGB, QWERTZ (german version)). Same here, USB C on the left. I got some extra blue switches and a switch remover tool. I got the wired/bluetooth version tho (littel switch under the keyboard). 

My problem is, that i can't find the software for it. I saw videos about the google drive with a driver for the PID=8016, but I can't find it anywhere now.

I wrote an email to Royal Kludge and mow i am waiting for an anwser.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:50 AM, LUMO7 said:

So I just received my RK61 (blue switches, black, full RGB, QWERTZ (german version)). Same here, USB C on the left. I got some extra blue switches and a switch remover tool. I got the wired/bluetooth version tho (littel switch under the keyboard). 

My problem is, that i can't find the software for it. I saw videos about the google drive with a driver for the PID=8016, but I can't find it anywhere now.

I wrote an email to Royal Kludge and mow i am waiting for an anwser.

When downloading the software from their google drive, make sure you make a copy to your drive and download the copy. Google marks it as a virus for some reason.

• 1 month later...

I got mine about a month ago and I noticed the same thing recently. I was doing research on how to de-solder and solder switches when I noticed my keyboard looked different(I don't know much about keyboards/switches so I couldn't initially tell). I now plan on getting a second one (wireless and wired, full RGB) to swap the switches with glorious panda's. There is also something else I realized, 1 Royal kludge site  went down or is unavailable as of now, 2 we both got brown switches. I also got a friend who ordered back in February (he got blue switches) and he also got four extra switches and the switch remover tool.

• 4 months later...

I recently got the rk61, it has red switches, rgb, bt and wired,  and I also thought it was a bit weird that the usb-c port was on the left. Something that was off about mine was also the lighting effects, they were all in a different order from what I saw in some videos.. and mine had 20 effects. I saw a photo of the rk61 and and this rk61 "v2" they were a side by side comparison of the original rk61, and the v2 looked similar to mine so I'm guessing I got the new rk61.