games keep crashing

q_q_q

hello! i built a new computer a few weeks ago, and i have the latest gpu drivers and gams will just randomly crash. what can i do to fix this?

Crash to desktop, or like full-on BSOD? 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Usually it happens when some background program is running.

There is difference between crashing and minimizing to desktop.

Are you playing pirate games?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

There is difference between crashing and minimizing to desktop.

there definitely is, but usually games don't 'minimize' they either CTD or BSOD... 

I don't really play pirate games (too childish) but that's my experience with all kinds of 'buggy' games, they'll usually CTD or in rare cases BSOD or just freeze up the computer (this one seems especially popular with trashy buggy and unoptimized games) 

3 minutes ago, hermit_kermit_ said:

nope, i don't play pirated games

so how do they crash? do they just close and everything else works fine or system freeze or BSOD? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I would be playing a game and then everything freezes and the game closes and gives me a error message (from the game not windows), there are some game where it happens more than others, like Minecraft and Forza horizon 4 and sometimes apex's legends

1 hour ago, bellabichon said:

Crash to desktop, or like full-on BSOD? 

CTD

And now what? : D

59 minutes ago, hermit_kermit_ said:

I would be playing a game and then everything freezes and the game closes and gives me a error message (from the game not windows), there are some game where it happens more than others, like Minecraft and Forza horizon 4 and sometimes apex's legends

Ok, what kind of error messages, what do they say? That would obviously help to figure out what's wrong. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

for apex it says something like engine error, and for minecraft it just says error code one or just doesn't say anything