To go for GPU or NO GPU???

Go to solution Solved by MeatySoup42,

This choice comes down to what you prefer more for your laptop.

If you want a laptop that is thin, portable and has more than a few hours of battery life go for the ASUS VivoBook. The vega 7 graphics are competent at 1080p if you lower settings. Dirt 3, Valorant and games like CSGO and r6 should easily run on this laptop with setting turned to low. As well as this the ryzen 7 will peform better in tasks such as photoshop and premire pro.

Battery life will be extremely poor on the gaming laptop (less than 5 hours). Though, You will be able to play more demanding games at higher framerates.  

For college, I personally would rather have more than  battery life over gaming performance but that is your decision.

I am looking to buy a new laptop for my college and I am really confused on which one to buy. I am in India and there aren't a lot of great options available to choose from. I have narrowed down the list to 2 devices and one is a notebook and other one is a gaming laptop (both in the same price range).  The notebook has a Ryzen 7 8 core CPU with vega r3 integrated graphics. The gaming laptop is equipped with a Ryzen 5 6 core CPU paired with a GTX 1660. I mostly run apps like android studio,some DBMS apps,Photoshop,Premiere pro etc so I need those to work smoothly too.I am not a serious gamer but i do play ocassionally. I am not int AAA games but mostly would love to experience Dirt 3 and valorant  with descent FPS. I have linked both of them down below if anybody wants to take a look at them.

Please help me out.

(Also the Notebook display is a TN panel and not an IPS one)

Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 AMD Ryzen 5 4600H 15.6-inch Full HD IPS Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 Graphics

https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-IdeaPad-15-6-inch-Graphics-82EY00L9IN/dp/B08SK27PKH/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3W0K2BBO62MLT&dchild=1&keywords=lenovo+ideapad+gaming&psr=EY17&qid=1613326564&s=todays-deals&sprefix=lenovo+%2Ctodays-deals%2C491&sr=1-5

ASUS VivoBook S14 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 14-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/MS Office 2019/Integrated Graphics

https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-Integrated-Graphics-M433IA-EB794TS/dp/B089TQD8WX/ref=sr_1_3?crid=16I6IXEYX606V&dchild=1&keywords=asus+vivobook+14+ryzen+7&qid=1613326499&sprefix=asus+vivobook+14+%2Caps%2C385&sr=8-3

This choice comes down to what you prefer more for your laptop.

If you want a laptop that is thin, portable and has more than a few hours of battery life go for the ASUS VivoBook. The vega 7 graphics are competent at 1080p if you lower settings. Dirt 3, Valorant and games like CSGO and r6 should easily run on this laptop with setting turned to low. As well as this the ryzen 7 will peform better in tasks such as photoshop and premire pro.

Battery life will be extremely poor on the gaming laptop (less than 5 hours). Though, You will be able to play more demanding games at higher framerates.  

For college, I personally would rather have more than  battery life over gaming performance but that is your decision.