Network Card w/ Bluetooth

Valont

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of a hand.
I recently build a PC for my dad, and didn't consider that the network card I bought would have a bracket that was too big for the case I bought, so I need to find a new one.
Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can use to search, or any card suggestions? Don't want to spend too much on it.
Case is https://aerocool.io/product/cs-101/

Thanks in advance,

Max

19 minutes ago, Valont said:

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of a hand.
I recently build a PC for my dad, and didn't consider that the network card I bought would have a bracket that was too big for the case I bought, so I need to find a new one.
Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can use to search, or any card suggestions? Don't want to spend too much on it.
Case is https://aerocool.io/product/cs-101/

Thanks in advance,

Max

I woudl first inform if there's a slim bracket for your wifi card you already bought. (lots of them come with those in the box).

Also if you need to buy new, i would advice going the route of getting an adapter and buying a notebook PCI-express wifi/bt card. (Theres a lot more of them, so more choice and usualy somewhat better quality)

The adapter, (slim bracket is included).

https://www.amazon.com/MZHOU-Converter-Dual-Band-Bluetooth-Including/dp/B0882Z3MKL/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=pci-e+to+pci+wifi&qid=1613318144&sr=8-6

An ok Wifi card with Bluetooth. (substitue for your own if you have a better option or a broken notebook you can source one from).

https://www.amazon.com/WiFi-AX200-PCs-802-11AX-Bluetooth-NGW/dp/B07TLBNSZQ/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=pci-e+wifi+card+notebook+bluetooth+intel&qid=1613318350&sr=8-8

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

11 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I woudl first inform if there's a slim bracket for your wifi card you already bought. (lots of them come with those in the box).

Also if you need to buy new, i would advice going the route of getting an adapter and buying a notebook PCI-express wifi/bt card. (Theres a lot more of them, so more choice and usualy somewhat better quality)

The adapter, (slim bracket is included).

https://www.amazon.com/MZHOU-Converter-Dual-Band-Bluetooth-Including/dp/B0882Z3MKL/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=pci-e+to+pci+wifi&qid=1613318144&sr=8-6

Ill look for an OK wifi card too, gimme a sec. 🙂

No bracket in the box unfortunately, was one of the first things I checked.
Can't seem to find the linked on Amazon UK unfortunately, but I will keep looking 🙂

11 minutes ago, Valont said:

No bracket in the box unfortunately, was one of the first things I checked.
Can't seem to find the linked on Amazon UK unfortunately, but I will keep looking 🙂

Ah yeah sorry, i was guessing US.
Next time keep in mind to mention location if you want correct suggestions. 🙂

We silly enough to take the extra step and look in the UK for similar products.

edit:

Not 100% sure but this does look like one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/fenvi-M-2-NGFF-PCIe-Converter/dp/B07RLZG522/ref=sr_1_40?dchild=1&keywords=Wireless+Network+Card+Adapter&qid=1613319630&sr=8-40

3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Ah yeah sorry, i was guessing US.
Next time keep in mind to mention location if you want correct suggestions. 🙂

We silly enough to take the extra step and look in the UK for similar products.

edit:

Not 100% sure but this does look like one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/fenvi-M-2-NGFF-PCIe-Converter/dp/B07RLZG522/ref=sr_1_40?dchild=1&keywords=Wireless+Network+Card+Adapter&qid=1613319630&sr=8-40

I'll be honest, I don't understand what is meant when it says adapter, not WiFi card?
What does that mean exactly?

2 minutes ago, Valont said:

I'll be honest, I don't understand what is meant when it says adapter, not WiFi card?
What does that mean exactly?

The adapter is the part where you can put a notebook wifi-card into. (Since most PC's dont have the right connection)
I might have worded it incorrectly here and there, for that im sorry.

You will still have to buy and fit an actual wifi card. But those cards are used in most notebooks, so they better and easily available. (PC wifi cards, or at least good ones a little less easy to get).

Screenshot_49.png

As per usual, I gotta shill the ASUS PCE-AC55BT. Cheap and works great.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

The adapter is the part where you can put a notebook wifi-card into. (Since most PC's dont have the right connection)
I might have worded it incorrectly here and there, for that im sorry.

So I'm assuming I would need to buy both and put the notebook card into the adapter?

11 minutes ago, Valont said:

So I'm assuming I would need to buy both and put the notebook card into the adapter?

Yes sir/mam. 🙂

edit; please dont take my words as law. There's more options. 😉