My asus laptop tuf fx505dt keeps freezing randomly.

My Asus Tuf FX505DT laptop has been working fine for half a year, but now it has started to randomly freeze, I cannot do anything, mouse does not work, nor keyboard nor screen.
All i can do is hard restart with the power button. I have been keeping my laptop up to date with all driver and windows updates, even reinstalled windows, the problem still persisted and now is even more often. I tried to check the ram if it was the fault but it ended up not being faulty so i am completely lost on what's wrong with it? PS i'm pretty sure what's happening is my laptop is being deadlocked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 1:48 AM, ha1den said:

My Asus Tuf FX505DT laptop has been working fine for half a year, but now it has started to randomly freeze, I cannot do anything, mouse does not work, nor keyboard nor screen.
All i can do is hard restart with the power button. I have been keeping my laptop up to date with all driver and windows updates, even reinstalled windows, the problem still persisted and now is even more often. I tried to check the ram if it was the fault but it ended up not being faulty so i am completely lost on what's wrong with it? PS i'm pretty sure what's happening is my laptop is being deadlocked.

I have exactly the same laptop and just recently I had the exact same problem. I thought it was my SSD just dying or corrupted in some way, and it turns out my little SSD is not the culprit. Yesterday I had done a bunch of reformatting my whole SSD because not only the problem didn't fix, but it felt worse than before reformat. So after a quick google search, I found this Reddit post and it suggested that the culprit is AMD's driver. So my solution is to install the iGPU driver from asus.com, not from AMD's website