Sudden Black screen

zukoarson
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,
2 minutes ago, zukoarson said:

Yeah, we tried all the ports too. 
Its not like its not working, It just decided to kill itself after 10 mins of use.
My grandpa said it could be a bad monitor psu/caps.
Do you think the same? cuz like its sort of "overheating" after 10 mins. and then decides to kill itself and after some "cool-off" it works again.
Could it be a bad psu? do we need to replace caps or change the whole board entirely?

oh. also i would like to ask if i could take the psu out of my  old monitor and slap it in there if needs be. ty.

It could be any number of internal issues. Some component overheating after a short amount of time seems like a reasonable guess, but I can't say anything more beyond that.

I know nothing about how interchangeable internal monitor PSUs are. You'll have to investigate that on your own. Provided you have the hardware, tools, and skills swapping for diagnostic purposes might be possible, but I've never opened up a monitor to see how integrated they are.

Good luck!

So my cousin got some issues with his monitor.
One day while he was playing valorant on pc his screen froze, but the audio is still there and can (hence, the system is still responsive) and then the screen started going white slowly untill it goes full white.
He unplugged everything and put it back on. the pc started but the monitor didn't show any display but the power led of the monitor is on, it also didn't show the traditional no signal notice.
He waited for 20 mins, replugged everything again and it worked like nothing happened uuuntil the screen abruptly turned black after 10 mins of use.
and then he unplugged the monitor for 5 mins and plugged it again and it worked again like nothing happened. aaaaand repeat.

he changed power cables, display cables and even borrowed my Entire system. but still the problem still persists.

what do you think is the problem guys? 

If you've ruled out the cables and tried the display on a totally different system, then the only remaining option is the display is bad/going bad.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll be needing to replace it.

EDIT: When you tried new cables, did you try switching from using HDMI to DP (or vice-versa)? Maybe just one of the ports on the monitor is faulty.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

2 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

If you've ruled out the cables and tried the display on a totally different system, then the only remaining option is the display is bad/going bad.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll be needing to replace it.

EDIT: When you tried new cables, did you try switching from using HDMI to DP (or vice-versa)? Maybe just one of the ports on the monitor is faulty.

Its not like its not working, It just decided to kill itself after 10 mins of use.
Do you think the same? cuz like its sort of "overheating" after 10 mins. and then decides to kill itself and after some "cool-off" it works again.
Could it be a bad psu? do we need to replace caps or change the whole board entirely?

oh. also i would like to ask if i could take the psu out of my  old monitor and slap it in there if needs be. ty.

2 minutes ago, zukoarson said:

It could be any number of internal issues. Some component overheating after a short amount of time seems like a reasonable guess, but I can't say anything more beyond that.

I know nothing about how interchangeable internal monitor PSUs are. You'll have to investigate that on your own. Provided you have the hardware, tools, and skills swapping for diagnostic purposes might be possible, but I've never opened up a monitor to see how integrated they are.

Good luck!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, RAS_3885 said:

Good luck!

thanks man.