FPS Drop

rysmic
30 minutes ago, BigNavi31 said:

It could be software related, you have tried swapping out hardware to see if it makes a difference, but it doesn’t. This suggests that it could more likely be software related. Also, you have a pretty decent cpu, so i don’t think it would be cpu bottlenecking.

Have you tried playing around with the settings in game to see if it makes a difference? 

I hope this helps 🙂 

Yeah even the lowest settings in Fortnite still have FPS drops from 144 to around 30-60. The drops in Destiny 2 and CoD are more stable/gradual where it slowly goes down to around 100-120 sometimes. Maybe this could help with diagnosing the issue.

And yeah I've tried swapping the motherboard and CPU out, but not the RAM or GPU. Hopefully it is a software issue. Maybe something is still out of whack with the drivers even after multiple attempts at reinstalling them. I'll try using DDU again in a bit, gonna go for a walk now.

Tried DDU again and it's still the same. Does anyone know what else I could try to diagnose the issue? I think MSI has a 3 year warranty so I need to send this GPU back if it's the problem. I don't see how I'd be getting so much better performance on Destiny 2 and Call of Duty compared to Fortnite though if my GPU isn't working. I don't know. 

Here's what it looks like in HWInfo:HWiNFO64_amAHeUHuba.png.ab48d1b03ca742d333230882b38b9e61.png

Also just went unresponsive all I had open was a Twitch stream... tried to open task manager and couldn't so I had to restart. 

I hate computers

Here's what my Ryzen Master looks like on Fortnite. Core voltage is peaking at about 1.45.

AMD_Ryzen_Master_SFFjn0OVvr.thumb.png.e15b2ca5dd7bce9e04fe49683b6794ef.png

Is it possible the motherboard or RAM could have been damaged when my last GPU gave out? These are the only parts I was using when that happened.

Any tests I could do to help diagnose what the problem is?

• 2 months later...

I still haven't fixed this lol